Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Finally got my Hp tuner, and the problems have begun

This is a discussion on Finally got my Hp tuner, and the problems have begun within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Okay I will copy that over and report back how that works. I was looking at the desired shift time ...

Okay I will copy that over and report back how that works.
    I was looking at the desired shift time tables,,,there is also Normal and Performance there also. The performance section is all 0's everywhere. The normal secion has .500 in most places and a few spots it dips as low as .200 so I changed all the .500 blocks to .250,,,and left the .200 blocks alone.
    I drove it but this probably wasn't enough change to make a difference.
    You want me to try all 0's in the normal section? Thanks for the help,,Larry.

orlando, fl

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

just copy all of the performance tables to the normal tables.

2004 Monaro

There is more than enough material on the HPTuners forum for you to read for trans. tuning. There is a dedicated forum on this subject. The forum is not setup as a step by step tuning guide for workshops/users to read and learn how to tune - just remember that. That is not its purpose.

There are a number of threads on line pressures, force motor cals. etc.. that contain steps by step instructions given by the generosity of contributors over the years. You just need to spend some time doing research and I would strongly recommend you get a handle on what each table does before you change it.

Also, there aren't mods. online 24x7 with performance bonuses to respond to threads within 2 hours - its all voluntary.

It's such a temptation to go into every table and change it because you can, thats what I did when I first got it and stuffed everything up. Always keep old tunes saved so you can revert if something doesnt work.

I spent a good 10 hours reading through posts on Trans. tuning before even starting to make changes. Its fun to start off, but you won't necessarily find the exact answer to your questions in one thread. I sometimes needed to piece 2 and 2 togteher.

Re; the activation code, I always copy and paste from the email. Now that alone won't give you access to all options. You then need to go to a car and connect, to validate the MVPI device with your software, reading in a tune if its your car. Then and only then will you get access to all options. This is also made very clear on the pop-up screen when you first load HPTuners and have not yet connected to a vehicle.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Sorry, I haven't even looked at that stuff in HP Tuners since I have an M6. Ask foff667, he's on this forum and is a professional tuner and an expert with HP Tuners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information