Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Ed wright Automotive.....???????

Hi Guys...,

I'll start by saying this is the next step in knowing more about my cars history! (2000 WS6 TA 45k miles)

In a previous post i enquired about Steve Williams talents as a tuner and how my car had a tune via a predator handheld...... Well life is a learning curve and it seems i was incorrect and i actually have a tune right now by a company called "Ed Wright Automotive" in Tulsa OK.

To cut a long story short, I have been having an issue with the drone of my Loudmouth 2 and resolved this very well with a replacement Magnaflow muffler after some good advice from another thread!

My question right now is this....
    I have been in contact with Steve Williams regarding my present tune and i said i would get this drone situation settled before thinking of another tune. What i would like to know if anybody has heard of "Ed Wright Automotive" in Tulsa Oklahoma and can comment ,good or bad, on them? These are the people that did the present re-tune to take into account the headers, Y, and whatnot and the previous owner in upstate New York swore that it was a great tune and really exploited the bolt ons and ran like a champ from before! My problem is i don't know what it was like before this tune and cannot relate the stock/after stock performance and thus make any informed comments on this!?

Even though it does run very well indeed with no codes at all, i have the disadvantage of wondering if Steve (and EVERYBODY rates him so highly) could improve on what i have even further if i explain every mod done to the car..or would i be throwing money away!? He would reprogram a PCM from his stock and mail it for $225 plus shipping and this seems pretty good value to me?

"All" i am after is a tune to absolutely optimize the running of the car and also get the best gas mileage from an "almost" daily driver !

Look forward to hearing back guys... i certainly need some pointers here!?

Trev... )

White
    1998 Trans Am

For the optimum tune, it really should be done on a dyno with a wide band sniffer. My car has a radical tune, and I'm scheduled to have Steve tune mine at his shop soon. You're a little far away for that... Is there anyone in your area that does tuning ?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Mmmmm...,

I hear what you say, but it is "only" a daily driver and if Steve does such good work by all accounts with his mail order tunes it would be the far, far simpler option!

It appears that you guys have dyno shops on every street corner (almost)!
    This is not the case for us and they are pretty darn expensive to use/book over here. Added to that is the fact that my nearest is a pretty lengthy drive away and their specialty is ricers!!!!!

I realise also that a dyno tune would address all the parameters as you go and as you say, end up optimised....... but i tootle around driving like your gran, and so......

I AM keen to hear if anybody has heard of or dealt with Ed Wright though..

Thanks

Trev.. )

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Ed Wright's business is called FastChip and he has been tuning for a long time.... longer than most. If your car has bolt-on mods and a tune by him, there is no need to get a tune from me.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Ed has tuned both my cars. Procharger uses Ed as well. Ed is respected and acknowledged throughout the country as an LT1 and LS1 tuner.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Wow.....

Firstly, thanks for the honesty Steve, as you have no doubt lost a sale! and indeed to both of you for confirming that i have got a decent tune in the car and that i needn't worry!!

Great stuff

Just to highlight one thing though.... the car as i have said does run good, but it has always had a bit of a jerk from first into second and i wonder if this is the "nature of the beast" or maybe i can use the Predator to tweak this in some way to "smooth" this shift out a tad as i have read other posts where this may be an option?!.... Dunno?? Maybe doing this would be playing with fire as i should hate to upset the tune generally as it is right now

Hope you can maybe help on this point.

Trev )

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Ed is my tuner.. He is local of course. I am lucky and he races at the track also. He will adjust the tune for me at the track. Frost I have never had a tune from you but, from all I hear your tunes are solid. I will say this about Ed, Procharger sends Ed s/c to test and setup on vehicle's for them. Ed is known nation wide. And yes the name of his company is fastchip. I can not post a link because of our great sponsor Frost.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You can't fully see it, but to make a point, Ed Wright is the signature you can vaguely see on my PCM cover.

Thread Information