86 Pontiac Trans Am

ECM Compatibility

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this quest has been asked already. I"ve been doing my best find answers on my own but this has really got me.

I have a LQ9 out of a 2006 GMC Denali, 6.0L N(345 hp) with 24x reluctor wheel and I believe DBW with a 4L60E. This is going in a 85 T/A. Computers are hard to find if not impossible and so is the wiring harness.

Is there a list of vehicals by year make model and engine size that I can use to find compatible replacements? I have no problem switching from DBW if needed and I can assume that it will be converted to a stand alone system when its all finished.

Thanks, and any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Peter

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I think FAST makes a standalone harness and computer setup for LS1s. You may need to change the TB over to cable operated, though. This might be your best bet

86 Pontiac Trans Am

The FAST LS1/6 engine swap kit it $2500 so I'll have to find another way to do this or go with a carb. So let me ask this another way. Can i get the ecm and harness from a truck with a 5.3 and have it reprogrammed to work for me?

When you mentioned LS1 computer were you talking about 98 - 02 F-body cars only or would that include truck engines as well.
    Peter

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yeah now that I think about it, it might not be too hard to make a 98-02 F-body PCM and harness work for you(but you'll have to ditch the DBW). Or a truck harness and computer. either way you go, you'll have to have the computer tuned to run your engine.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have a friend who used a truck block but used a carb setup and it's fast and runs well. My other friend actually used the 5.3 block but got it with a harness and computer. He had it all tuned since he upgraded the heads and cam and a mitrous setup but it works well in his Nova. He used a console out of a newer A4 Fbody for the shifter since it was a column originally.
    Have you tried ebay you should be able to get a comnputer and harness their since dealers as well as salvage yards sell parts their. I know their is a wireharness for the LS1 for like $800 I was told by my mechanic who was going to do a LS1 swap into my friends 240SX.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

86 Pontiac Trans Am

Actually I've been working with Steve from tunedbyfrost.com and I think we're pretty close to a solution. I just need to find a harness that will work with his PCM.

Peter
    Last edited by crzyptr; 07-20-2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Fix spelling errors

Thread Information