Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does a 98 PCM work with a 99 Engine!

This is a discussion on Does a 98 PCM work with a 99 Engine! within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 9t8z28 Allright. The next step is to find someone good to tune my car on the EastCoast. ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Allright. The next step is to find someone good to tune my car on the EastCoast. Bolt-ons exc.exc. Anybody know of a good tuner near Philadelphia?
    Thats what I'd like to know too. After I do Headers and Exhaust, I'm going to try and get it tuned. Seems like all the tuners are out West though...

BTW: Hows that true dual exhaust you fabbed up coming?? Are you going to be producing them? I was very impressed with the prototype, come Spring I'd like to buy that system from you if at all possible

Mrs.'s Boobies

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

If you guys are close to Trenton, NJ look up foff667 (Bill).

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Thats what I'd like to know too. After I do Headers and Exhaust, I'm going to try and get it tuned. Seems like all the tuners are out West though...

BTW: Hows that true dual exhaust you fabbed up coming?? Are you going to be producing them? I was very impressed with the prototype, come Spring I'd like to buy that system from you if at all possible
    You talking to me WESMAN?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

You talking to me WESMAN?
    Yea, sorry should have made that more clear

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yea, sorry should have made that more clear
    I found a guy to tune my car. He's close to Philly. I will know more when I get in contact with him. I will let you know.
    As far as the true duals, they are on hold. Basically, I made the proto-type and a couple of hours latter after it was finished, some dude cut me off on the road. Demolished the car. The proto-type exhaust made it though. Since I started the project, it is up to me to finish it. Well I have been out of work on disabillity since the accident on August, 11. I will be going back to work in about a month and I will keep in touch with the progress of the true-dual.
    What headers are you going with?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I found a guy to tune my car. He's close to Philly. I will know more when I get in contact with him. I will let you know.
    As far as the true duals, they are on hold. Basically, I made the proto-type and a couple of hours latter after it was finished, some dude cut me off on the road. Demolished the car. The proto-type exhaust made it though. Since I started the project, it is up to me to finish it. Well I have been out of work on disabillity since the accident on August, 11. I will be going back to work in about a month and I will keep in touch with the progress of the true-dual.
    What headers are you going with?
    I'm really sorry to hear about that man. Best of luck in your full recovery.

I'm most likely going to go with the XS Stainless Steel headers from eBay. Normally I wouldn't buy eBay parts, but many people have had good experiences with those, and you can't beat them for the price. So as of now, thats what I'm figuring on.

Like you mentioned, keep me updated on the progress through PM's if you can. I'm definitley interested in purchasing that system from you, it looks great. I'm looking at doing the exhaust as soon as the weather changes, probably in March or somewhere around there.

That tuner sounds promising too, we'll keep in touch.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Yep! I'll PM ya. I am going with the same headers. I might do a ball flange instead of a collector reducer or a slip-fit. I'll hook ya up.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yep! I'll PM ya. I am going with the same headers. I might do a ball flange instead of a collector reducer or a slip-fit. I'll hook ya up.
    Sounds awesome, I think the ball flange is a great idea.

Thanks again

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS View Post
    I do not charge extra for a 1998, because they are not harder to tune. Granted, there are some tables that are not available to 1998 as there are to 1999+, but you can still tune the idle, part throttle and WOT just that same and with great results...
    Agreed.

Heard similar things about the infamous '98 PCM when I bought my car, and laughed the very night I installed the heads and cam. Been tuning engine's ever since the advent of TPI, and tuning the '98 went very smooth, even with the more aggressive LSK lobes....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information