yellow
    1954 GMC pickup w/LH6 DOD

Displacement on Demand engine swap HELP!!

DoD has become quite the pain in my A**. The engine uses a new E40 computer and Passkey 3+ which is an enhanced version of the Passkey 3 system. It uses a Hall Effect sensor and has about three trillion (YES, TRILLION!!) codes and you have to have the correct one. Not the old simple change the resistor design. If the theft deterrent module in the ignition switch senses the wrong key the BCM will transmit the wrong password to the ECM which will set a Fail code that will shut down the injectors. Whallah, you have a no start situation! This is where I am now.

I've been talking to a couple people (can't find many more that can help with DOD!) and the closest I've gotten is an email from someone who has completed this swap but used the complete ignition switch. I don't want to do this and I don't have matching computers or the ignition switch. Here is the email.

"I am sure that GM with CALTools can in fact turn off the PK3+, but a really good hacker would have to read the BIN file at the assembly level and find in the code how to toggle it on and off."

"I have a Cal Tools software engine version.. I do NOT have the definition files however. It takes 3 sets of files to open the PCM from what I am told."

SOOOOOOO, does anyone have the CAL Tools definition files so that we can crack this and get on with the engine swap. Oh please, oh please, oh please. Donor vehicle is a 2005 GMC Envoy Denali VIN M 5.3 DOD engine. I do have the complete VIN if necessary.

Thanks in advance guys (and girls I assume) I really need to get moving on this. I already had to have the first birthday party for the truck without any spark to ignite the flame!!!!!!!!!

LS1.com Sponsor

silver
    94 silv

Have you checked with HPtuners to see if their software can turn it off?
    I just checked an '07 Avalanche with DOD and that file has the option to turn vats off.

good luck,
    allen

yellow

I found a place in New Zealand called EFILive. They can do everything I need from shutting off the Passkey 3+ VATS system to fuel curves and even disabling the DOD although I want the DOD to work. I ordered the complete chassis harness and I'll modify as needed.

Great Research on the DOD!!

Great Work!!

I am looking at a 2006+ Vortec 5.3 or 6.0 and have seen the PCU/ECU as a stumpling block (VATS,DOD, etc...) I am also doing a engine swap in a 84 olds 98. The 307/tm200r have always unreliable and weak. I like the car as a road trip car.

I went to the EFIlive site and saw the SW/HW that they are selling. From your previous message it sounded like they also may have a service available instead of buying the entire reprogramming package.

Currently I am intrested in defeating the VATS, keeping all of the SMOG (need it for a 84 car in Calif), and possibly going back to a manual throttle body so that I can adapt my 1984 cruise control to the 2006 motor. I may still change my mind on that one a and go with a newer cruise control that uses the "fly-by-wire" control.

Could you expand on if EFIlive is providing the reprogramming service by them or others or are you buying all of the HW/SW and doing it yourself.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Charlie

yellow

If I decide to go with EFILive I'll buy the HW/SW and get together with a friend of mine to do the programming. I build. He tunes!

Thread Information