Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Diablosport Predator,,,any experience with them?

This is a discussion on Diablosport Predator,,,any experience with them? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Hey Warp,,,I was looking pretty hard at the diablo before I bought HP tuner. Yes I ...

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hey Warp,,,I was looking pretty hard at the diablo before I bought HP tuner. Yes I beleive the diablo does allow you to play with the fuel trim + or - 5
    It may be enough to help you dial in the A/F ratio after the header install. It also deletes the rear 02's and some other neat features,,,,it's pretty good for just a handheld tuner,,,I was very very close to buyin it,,I don't think you could go wrong with it unless you plan on very serious mods, like large cam, big heads etc....and even then the diablo has the ability to store 5 custom tunes that you can plug in at any time. As long as you go to a tuner that supports diablo, you can have a custom dyno tune for any combo you may have, and they can plug it into your diablo. Check the website,,,somewhere on there they list all the supporting tuners for diablo, hopefully there is one near you. Hope that helps. Larry.
    Right on Larry.. Yeah I'm pretty close to buy it too.. But I wanna know If its really needed when you install headers.. If not then I'll just probably won't get it.. But if it helps out then i'll get it.. I'm not really worried about spend the $ either.. If anyone else has some info let me know guys.. Thanx..

I couldn't tell you about your header dilema ,,,but just being able to tune on the car for any reason was good enough for me to get something. I just want to be able to remove torque management, firm up shifts, move shift points around etc..more than anything. Larry.

Also if this makes you feel any better, a custom tuner that has been doing this for years told me,,,that the tune on the engine (an internally stock engine) is only worth about 10 rwhp over a stock tune,,,meaning the fuel and timing curves,,,but where the most gains in quarter mile performance are found on a stockish F-body is in the removal of torque management, transmission shift points and firmness etc...

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Also if this makes you feel any better, a custom tuner that has been doing this for years told me,,,that the tune on the engine (an internally stock engine) is only worth about 10 rwhp over a stock tune,,,meaning the fuel and timing curves,,,but where the most gains in quarter mile performance are found on a stockish F-body is in the removal of torque management, transmission shift points and firmness etc...

Well I don't have an auto so that won't beneifit me that much.. I guess I'm gonna get the Diablo for now.. And when I get my heads/cam I'll just get a tuner like hp or EFI live.. Right on larry for the input..

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

I got my DiabloSport U7198 on Thursday and have been goofing around with it. I installed the performance tune.

The performance tune did a pretty good job of taking out most of the bad shifting characteristics that the car had before. It also seems to build more power earlier on, which is a nice plus as I was beginning to accept that the LS1's was pretty gutless compared to the 350 in my old Chevelle.

I have been messing with the transmission parameters to see what I like/don't like. I have also found the transmission tuning info a little difficult to find, so maybe I'll put it all together somewhere else. I am also going to build a spreadsheet to keep track of the changes I make to the program.

My car is pretty basic (slp cold air kit, hooker cat back, subframe connectors, iridium plugs, shock tower brace) and will remain so.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by cruz3 View Post
    My car is pretty basic (slp cold air kit, hooker cat back, subframe connectors, iridium plugs, shock tower brace) and will remain so.
    Dude, do the free mods...
    Every little bit helps.

Thats great. Glad to hear you got something you seem happy with.
    I feel the same way about the engine feeling somewhat soft down low. It's gutless as you say until you get the rpm up then it seems to want to do something. I need to learn more about HPtuner so I can dive into the engine management part of it and make some changes myself.
    I have been playing with transmission setting too (hptuner) and so far I am almost happy,,,making slow progress. Larry.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Not sure about deleting rear O2's by itself, believe you have to download program into predator, then uplink it to OBD to disable!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    Not sure about deleting rear O2's by itself, believe you have to download program into predator, then uplink it to OBD to disable!!
    No, version 2.10+ can disable o2's, egr and a.i.r. You disable the rear o2's by going into modify tune, scrolling down to the o2 code section. Also go into COT and disable the p0420 & p0430 codes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information