Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Diablo Tune on a stock LS1

i have a 2000 trans am with K&N CAI and muffler delete. thats it. my question is this, i was told i have an exhaust leak right before a rear 02 sensor. my friend has the slp diablo tuner for his ss camaro. with my car being stock as in no headers or anything, just what i stated above. can i tune my car with his diablo and delete the rear o2's? is there anything else i can change/adjust with the diablo on a stock LS1 that will improve my car even if its minimal gains it should make the car run better. right now it keeps throwing lean codes bc the leak before the o2 so its throwing o2 codes and lean. any replies would be great!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You should be able to use the SLP Diablo tuner to delete the rear O2 sensor the rest of the tune is up to your needs but most of these pocket tuners have canned software and you just choose your tune like buying a value meal at McDonalds. Good Luck.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

red
    2000 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    You should be able to use the SLP Diablo tuner to delete the rear O2 sensor the rest of the tune is up to your needs but most of these pocket tuners have canned software and you just choose your tune like buying a value meal at McDonalds. Good Luck.
    sorry to say but, you can no longer do the rear 02 delete with the diablo tuners.. you can get it done through diablo on a custom tune but they charge 99.00 t odo it.. only the old models can you do it from the tuner itself..that's why i sold mine and got a frost tune..
    eibach sportline springs,kyb shocks and struts,adj. panhard,LCAs with relocation brackets,strut tower brace, sub-frame connectors,poly motor mounts, LT headers,magnaflo catback,ORY pipe, SLP lid w/K&N, ram air mod,egr delete,PP TB,1000CFM MAF housing, LS6 intake,160 T-stat, tune by frost

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

My advice get a tune from Frost. He can get more out of your car then a diablo tuner plus he is cheaper
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

well i figured my friend has the diablo its not costing me anything to do it. his tuner is like 2 years old so its not a new one. he said he would be able to delete the 02's im just worried if i use one of the "value meal" tunes haha would it be ok on a completely stock car. i know there is some horsepower to free up in a stock ls1 just wanna make sure the diablo is safe.

red
    2000 trans am ws6

diablo is safe for stock car because that's what it is designed for if using the canned tune. just remember that if your buddy already used it you can't use it on a second car.. he'd have to installe the factory setting in his vechicle before using it on your car..
    it will scan multiple cars though just not tune..

Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

oh wow really. he just got his computer back from texas speed he sent it to them for a tune, so no way hes doing that. that sucks. maybe ill just spend the 125$ to have frost do a simple tune for a stock car now and when im done the header and cam swap resend it to him for the final tune. i feel like the car is just running a little weird and a tune would help esp deleting the o2 sensors.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by nathanWS6 View Post
    sorry to say but, you can no longer do the rear 02 delete with the diablo tuners.. you can get it done through diablo on a custom tune but they charge 99.00 t odo it.. only the old models can you do it from the tuner itself..that's why i sold mine and got a frost tune..
    Frost tune is always the way to go. For 150.00 how can you beat it ?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I cannot believe nobody has told you to fix your exhaust leak before worrying about getting your car tuned

A tune won't be any good on a car that is not mechanically sound.

The 2 front O2's are what send the voltage signals to the PCM based on the oxygen content in the exhaust. Based on this reading the PCM either adds fuel or retards fuel to keep the A/F mixture optimal.

The rear O2's monitor the efficiency of the catalytic converter, nothing else. They have no effect on how the car runs.

I would fix your lean condition first before you cause detonation and harm your motor. You have un-metered air entering the exhaust.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Yourbeat View Post
    i have a 2000 trans am with K&N CAI and muffler delete. thats it. my question is this, i was told i have an exhaust leak right before a rear 02 sensor. my friend has the slp diablo tuner for his ss camaro. with my car being stock as in no headers or anything, just what i stated above. can i tune my car with his diablo and delete the rear o2's? is there anything else i can change/adjust with the diablo on a stock LS1 that will improve my car even if its minimal gains it should make the car run better. right now it keeps throwing lean codes bc the leak before the o2 so its throwing o2 codes and lean. any replies would be great!
    Well depending on the model he has but im pretty sure the Diablo Tuner is Vin specific I dont think it would work on yours and your friends @ the same time. In order for it to work the ''stock tune'' would have to be flashed back into his car. Some tuners have multiple car applications but im pretty sure the Diablo Sport ''Predator'' doesnt..As far as changing anything with the tuner the ''canned'' performance tune DOES give you some oommf! BUT with the exhaust leak id fix that first!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Diablo has the ability to do a ''custom tune'' on your vehicle after you do some log-ins so they can adapt it to your own car. Like Frost`s mail -in tune. The ''Diablew''-custom tune is said to be a screamer!!! Lew @Diablo does the tuning. In my case living in California( in an enhanced smog area!!! BOOO!!) i need to have the ability to re-load my ''stock tune'' for emissions test. Im thinking on which tune to get next but im not sure if having the tune done @ Frost will give me the ability to keep my stock tune,seeing as how you have to send in your PCM...Do you know if thats possible?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

oh wow really. he just got his computer back from texas speed he sent it to them for a tune, so no way hes doing that. that sucks. maybe ill just spend the 125$ to have frost do a simple tune for a stock car now and when im done the header and cam swap resend it to him for the final tune. i feel like the car is just running a little weird and a tune would help esp deleting the o2 sensors.
    I used 02 simulators to delete the rear sensors they arent that much and snap right onto your wires!

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Diablo has the ability to do a ''custom tune'' on your vehicle after you do some log-ins so they can adapt it to your own car. Like Frost`s mail -in tune. The ''Diablew''-custom tune is said to be a screamer!!! Lew @Diablo does the tuning. In my case living in California( in an enhanced smog area!!! BOOO!!) i need to have the ability to re-load my ''stock tune'' for emissions test. Im thinking on which tune to get next but im not sure if having the tune done @ Frost will give me the ability to keep my stock tune,seeing as how you have to send in your PCM...Do you know if thats possible?
    no you wouldn't be able to.. cuz like you said, you have to send him your pcm, and once it's tuned, it's tuned... unless you want to send it back to him to get flashed back to stock... then send it back to get tuned again...

the diablosport inTune and Trinity programmers would both work for your car.

and you'd be able to restore your original backup stock tune at any time with either of them, in a matter of a couple minutes....
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 07-21-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Non Sponsor

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    no you wouldn't be able to.. cuz like you said, you have to send him your pcm, and once it's tuned, it's tuned... unless you want to send it back to him to get flashed back to stock... then send it back to get tuned again...

the diablosport inTune and Trinity programmers would both work for your car and you'd be able to restore your original backup stock tune at any time with either of them, in a matter of a couple minutes....
    Hey hey Lew...yeah ive talked to you via e-mails already in the DS websites forums and i already own a Predator so @ this time id get a *Diablew tune on the predator for now later possibly get an Intune Thanks for the info , yeah the reason i mentioned that im in Ca. was because of the emissions BS we have to go through and most of my fellow LS-1 websiters are in states were thats not an issue. I ll be hittin you up soon for that tune!!!!!
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 07-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

no but frost can probably set up a tune that would get you past emissions without having to do anything plus it'll cost you a lot less money.
    Last edited by 0rion; 07-21-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Thanks!..

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

well i figured my friend has the diablo its not costing me anything to do it. his tuner is like 2 years old so its not a new one. he said he would be able to delete the 02's im just worried if i use one of the "value meal" tunes haha would it be ok on a completely stock car. i know there is some horsepower to free up in a stock ls1 just wanna make sure the diablo is safe.
    no.. because you can only tune one vehicle at a time... he would have to restore the original backup stock tune to his car in order to unlock/reset the predator, and then you could tune your car with it... but then it'd be locked to your car, and he couldn't use it at all for his car....

you'd need to get your own programmer for your own car...
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 07-23-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Hey hey Lew...yeah ive talked to you via e-mails already in the DS websites forums and i already own a Predator so @ this time id get a *Diablew tune on the predator for now later possibly get an Intune Thanks for the info , yeah the reason i mentioned that im in Ca. was because of the emissions BS we have to go through and most of my fellow LS-1 websiters are in states were thats not an issue. I ll be hittin you up soon for that tune!!!!!
    haha, cool.. thx man... will getcha crankin'!!

Thread Information