Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2001 camaro z28

Best Power Programmer?

I wanted to know what is the best power programmer for a 2001 LS1 powered Camaro? Thank you,

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Diablo Sport Predator Tuner. It has the most user options and adjustable parameters of any tuner.

Just my opinion.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by AMMP
    Diablo Sport Predator Tuner. It has the most user options and adjustable parameters of any tuner.

Just my opinion.
    The vinci is also pretty good....but the predator can be custom tuned through your desktop/laptop puter which is pretty cool. I have a pred and liike it for my bolt-on car....but if you're gonna do some heavy mods i'd save up for hptuners software and a laptop

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

ya thats a good point, i'd also go with hptuners for heavy mods.

black
    2001 camaro z28

Basic Bolt-ons...

I need it for basic bolt-ons. Is there anything wrong with buying a used unit? Thank you,

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

just make sure the car that it was on has been detuned back to stock.

black
    2001 camaro z28

Thank you!

I will look into a used programmer. I'm poor...

dbowler300

dbowler300

Diablo Predator part # U7198 is offered very reasonably priced through Concours Direct. Is this DiabloSports most recent model for 99-02 f-bodies?

Is the custom tuned SLP DiabloSport II p/n 27007T contain worth the extra cash?

pewter
    '02 Camaro SS

Predator II

I just got mine in the mail the other day from Summit and installed it this morning on my 02 SS. I noticed the difference right away just driving the car down the street to gas it up. It has two tunes pre installed, one of them being O2 codes off if you're running headers, etc. I had a HPP3 on my 98 Z28 (need to change my sig line now), and didn't really notice the difference. It was nice to have it to calibrate the speedo when I switched the gears though.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

For $319 for a predator why wouldn't you spend $500 for LS1 edit or HP Tuners? Really. Not being an ass. Why? Will the predator display O2 and knock retard and timing? And let you change timing and fuel curves? Or is it just like "Pick 1 for fast or 2 for faster"???

pewter
    '02 Camaro SS

to each their own

I don't think you're an ass, don't worry. My car is still my daily driver, plus there are all the fun emissions laws here in CA. In my case I've only got a few simple bolt ons, and it gets the job done for me. I'm not sure if the Predator displays those or not- I haven't played with the real time data monitoring yet. It does allow you to adjust things like air/fuel ratio and timing in addtion to the pre programmed settings.
    Last edited by malikotZ28; 05-18-2006 at 02:48 PM.
    Build #2300, "Alyssa"- SLP cold air & box lid, K&N filter, Meziere electric water pump, GMS MAF sensor, SLP dual/dual CME, Magnaflow muffler, Diablosport Predator II, GMS subframe connectors & lower control arms, Hotchkis adj panhard rod, 1LE swaybars, 4:11 rear end

Silver
    2002 Z28 & 2000 Z71 ECSB

Yes it does display in real time, just can't adjust fuel and spark below 2000 rpm. Thats why I got a MAF Translator also...adjusted +5% base to get my LTFT's near 0% at cruise.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

LTFT ??
    What does it display in real time?

Silver
    2002 Z28 & 2000 Z71 ECSB

LTFT's are (Long Term Fuel Trims) that the ECM uses to adjust fuel mixture. STFT's are just Short Term adjustments to the fuel delivery. Real time data; O2 millavolts, STFT's, LTFT's,IAT,ECT,MAF,MAP,RPM,Speed,Trottle Possition,Timing,engine load,KR. Just can't log any data. Also it allows you to view and clear trouble codes. Do a search on these terms and you'll get it... If your doing more the basic boltons or you want the most out of them get a custom tune or buy the tuning software.
    Last edited by Wireman134; 05-21-2006 at 04:22 AM.

Hay From Karlos123

have nice deal .

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Wireman134
    LTFT's are (Long Term Fuel Trims) that the ECM uses to adjust fuel mixture. STFT's are just Short Term adjustments to the fuel delivery. Real time data; O2 millavolts, STFT's, LTFT's,IAT,ECT,MAF,MAP,RPM,Speed,Trottle Possition,Timing,engine load,KR. Just can't log any data. Also it allows you to view and clear trouble codes. Do a search on these terms and you'll get it... If your doing more the basic boltons or you want the most out of them get a custom tune or buy the tuning software.
    That's great. Looks that that covers everything. Eleminates the need for gauges, software and a laptop. Does that sound about right?

Silver
    2002 Z28 & 2000 Z71 ECSB

Yea, you got it just can't log data. Have a friend along or find a empty road that'll allow you to check the data out. The newer version 2.11 U7198 allows spark or timing adjustments from 1000 rpm up TQ management adjustments RWTD has 1 year free tunes Link:http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/gmgas.htm
    Another link: http://www.lmperformance.com/6692/1.html

black
    1999 camaro ss

well im kind of new to the computer cars weve always dealt with older carb cars but i have a 99 camaro ss with an automatic and i need some help please. it is stock internals with a 3.73 rear and 150 shot of nitrous. as soon as i launch the car its like the torque management is shutting the car down, it will trigger the lights in the dash and then onece the car completely shut down and wouldnt take any fuel or anything but i let it set for aorund 15 minutes and the car started back and did ok until i tried it again of course. anyway i was thinking of doing a hp tuners program. is this what i need to overide the torque management in the automatic or am i completely going the wraong way about this? help please.

alb231tb
    I'm poor as well so what I did was converse with a good friend of mine and we went in halfs on HPTuner Pro and it is totally awesome!!!! I too have a 01 z28 except mine is 100% stock unless you consider mobil1 5/30 & fram filters a performance improvement... but I don't. I like the fact that you can make almost any value what you want the value to be .

alb231tb

Awaiting Activation BlackBeastLS1's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

How much of a difference would the Diablo Sport Tuner give me? I have a 2001 A4 Z28 with full bolt ons, would it be worth buying?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information