Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

best mail order tune....

Who does the best mail order tune? Websites or email address would be helpful.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

is a sponsor here. contact frost.
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-19-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    Click for full size is a sponsor here. contact frost.
    I have thank you, just waiting on a responce. I sent him a PM. Any other suggestions.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

red
    1999 WS6

not a sponsor
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-10-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: removed non sponsor

Does it have to be??? There are many great tuners out there that aren't sponsors here. It would be nice to give out good, reputable information here without worrying about politics. I mean we all want to steer people in the right direction,,,,don't we????
    I would think that geographical location would have alot to do with it as well for people that would rather travel for something like this,,,since we are all over the country on here. Kinda hard to recommend something close to someone if we are relagated to only sponsors. Sorry,,,just a pet pieve of mine. Don't get me wrong though,,,sponsors are great to have. But it shouldn't limit the information we can give.

With that said,,,,I did an LT1/4L60E conversion in my wifes Jeep,,,and Howell Engine Management in Michigan built the wire harness, supplied the computer and put a custom tune in it as well. I was very happy with their work,,,their tech support was excellent and fast.

I would have to dig out paperwork for a link,,,or will I get in trouble for that?????

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

From my understanding, you can say who they are or what the shop's name is, just not present a direct link. With that said, if you enjoy LS1.com, patronage to the sponsors comes back as money to keep the board up and maintained. FWIW, I do mailorders for $125 for F-bodies with free updates (you just pay shipping). If you have a radical setup, there is no replacement for a dyno tune. That is the truth no matter what any other mail order tuner may tell you.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Just out of curiosity, why not spend the money for a tuning package and learn to do it yourself?

2002 z28 camaro

pcm for less, a friend of mine used them on his lt1 with a 408ci, his car is an auto (350th trans) and he made 430rwhp and 528rwft

Quote Originally Posted by Fran D View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why not spend the money for a tuning package and learn to do it yourself?
    Well thats what I do on my LS1,,,using HPtuner,,,unfortunately they don't offer any support for my LT1 though. I would have to go with a completely different software package, I'm not real interested in learning another one.

Thats just my case. But I agree,,,,if you own an LSx vehicle and you love to tinker,,,,then a software package is the best bang in my opinion.

Hey Frost,,,do you lock the computer???? Can you do LT1 stuff??

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Hey Frost,,,do you lock the computer???? Can you do LT1 stuff??
    I NEVER EVER EVER lock any PCM for any reason whatsoever. And no, I don't do LT1s... Now that Jet bought and raped the Tunercat software, the return is hard to find in the high cost of the software unfortunately. I should have bought in 4 years ago when I was looking at it.

As a side note, I may tune, but I was and am an enthusiast first, so if you need any help with your tuning, make a thread and post your tune and I'd be more than happy to help you or any other user out.

Silver
    1999 Trans am

Frost,
    I have a 99 trans am with an slp cai and ory with exahust would one of your mail order tunes give me much gain or no?
    Thanks

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Love the Cat! But I bought mine pre-Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I NEVER EVER EVER lock any PCM for any reason whatsoever. And no, I don't do LT1s... Now that Jet bought and raped the Tunercat software, the return is hard to find in the high cost of the software unfortunately. I should have bought in 4 years ago when I was looking at it.

As a side note, I may tune, but I was and am an enthusiast first, so if you need any help with your tuning, make a thread and post your tune and I'd be more than happy to help you or any other user out.
    Okay, I understand. I could probably use some help on my LS1 though here and there. Maybe I'll shoot ya a pm. Thanks, Larry.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Frost,
    I have a 99 trans am with an slp cai and ory with exahust would one of your mail order tunes give me much gain or no?
    Thanks
    PM sent

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

www.nelsonperformance.com
    Hands down second to none.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Does it have to be??? There are many great tuners out there that aren't sponsors here. It would be nice to give out good, reputable information here without worrying about politics. I mean we all want to steer people in the right direction,,,,don't we????
    I would think that geographical location would have alot to do with it as well for people that would rather travel for something like this,,,since we are all over the country on here. Kinda hard to recommend something close to someone if we are relagated to only sponsors. Sorry,,,just a pet pieve of mine. Don't get me wrong though,,,sponsors are great to have. But it shouldn't limit the information we can give.

With that said,,,,I did an LT1/4L60E conversion in my wifes Jeep,,,and Howell Engine Management in Michigan built the wire harness, supplied the computer and put a custom tune in it as well. I was very happy with their work,,,their tech support was excellent and fast.

I would have to dig out paperwork for a link,,,or will I get in trouble for that?????
    Sponsors like Allen Nelson and Frost pay the bills. If you have a particular tuner you like then PM the guy. No politics going on....just business sense and these sponsors pay for that exclusive right of public advertisement.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Like Sarge said, the sponsors help keep the site up and running so it's always a good idea to support these guys. In this particular instance he's asking about a mail order tune so the location issue kinda goes out the window.

The mods have had this discussion a couple different times on the balance of sharing information and supporting the sponsors. Just so they're not linked it's ok to drop names. I personally think that the sponsors should always be supported first and foremost. They keep us all in touch here by helping to pay the fees to keep the board up. Why not pay them back and make it worth while? These guys do a lot for our hobby.

Red
    97 WS6 Ram Air T/A Conv

I was going to get the HPtune package for my LS1 but it says it only works on 98 - 02. Mines a 97. Do I have a PCM? If so, how can I tune it? I'm a do it yourself electronic tech, and like to do things like this.

Thanks, George

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I did a mail order tune with Frost when I put my headers on and rear end swap. He was excellent in customer service, FAST turn around time and has always answered all my questions. I will continue to use him untill I finally get a dyno tune!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information