blue
    2001 trans am

back from tuned by frost

Let me say that i seen the tuned by frost banner my first day here and i was like man i am not sending my pcm to some random guy to be tuned, well after about 2 months of debating and reading reviews i decided to go ahead and do it.

here are some words of advice. BE EXTREMELY CAREFULLY WHEN REMOVING THE CONNECTORS. If not you will break one single pin that's the size of a piece of lead in a mechanical pencil and get a call from the guy and say your PCM is garbage. Luckily i was able to purchase one from him and he even sent me a replacement wire.

i sent the PCM Thursday via UPS ground and he tuned it and shipped it Friday, because of the weekend i received it today at about 1400. Thats the quickest turn around you could ask for.

Now in my tune i asked for the AIR pump to be removed, my mods which were few, but LT headers, k&n intake, cat back and a few other things but the basic bolt ons, not to mention removing the skip shift.

There is no word to describe the fear of turning that key for the first time, and listen its going to run weird for a few minutes, until it learns what kind of numbers it has, but once it does it will idle a heck of a lot smoother and a little lower in my case. After driving it around i could definitive tell a difference in throttle response as well as how dang smooth it ran, power increase was there but nothing like a 50 shot but noticeable. You can drive in lower rpms easier and overall i must say if your like me and scared, just do it. its not that hard just be careful and do it. I will update in about a week on mpg difference i have an app called fuel saver on my phone and its accurate. "if i can keep my foot off the gas"

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

By any chance have you dyno'd your car, and if so, are you planning to dyno it again now that you have it tuned? Just curious to see what you gained with the tune. I'm also interested to see if you get any gains in fuel economy. How was your fuel economy prior to the tune?
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Frost does great work. Any time we disconnect the batteries in our cars, they take a while to settle back in.

blue
    2001 trans am

no i did not have a dyno tune before or after, but the car just feels smoother and that enough is worth the price, its hard to explain but i guess it just runs more efficiently and is much more alert... I plan on going to him in person if/when i get my cam and head swap done though i live about 6 hours from his shop. I am currently getting 20.5 mpg i will post when i have new numbers.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I was wondering Iam sending mine out tomorrow and when you pay it asked for zip for shipping do you have to also pay for return shipping? I wanted to ship Monday but wasn't able to so it is going Tuesday I really hop to get it back Friday or Saturday have a show Sunday..also I can ship it for $11.95 USPS it is showing $16.00 on the PayPal check out! What method does he use to return?

blue
    2001 trans am

there was no significant difference in mpg after headers and tune. you must pay shipping both ways

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Steve is the man. I would not send my PCM to anyone but Frost.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've been here over 3 years now, and not once have I ever heard anything bad from people that got tuned by Frost.

I'm on every day, go though nearly every thread, am subscribed to well over 10,000+ threads and still have never seen a disatified Frost costomer.

I don't think the man ever sleeps..

Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Take it from me. I wasted $400 on a dyno and tune and all the guy did was delete my AIR and EGR and move my max mph to 200... I will have my PCM back on Monday and hope to see a noticeable difference. I have been driving with LTH's ORY and several other bolt on mods with out a proper tune and am having to replace plugs, wires, O2's all over again.

Thread Information