artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Autotap & Injector pulse width

I'm trying to decide if my injectors are maxing out. My autotap says they are bank 1-17.55 ms/bank 2-17.15 ms. This is at 6500 rpm.
    LTFT-bank1-7.8 %
    LTFT-bank2-5.5 %
    Jason at Texas speed never heard of ms in injectors and does'nt know what percentage they are operating at. Mods are in sig.. I just need to know if I need new injectors and send my comp. to Jason for a retune. My afr is at 12.9 at wot.
    Thanks
    Suncoast Creations hood, p&p throttle body, LS6 intake, Dart 225cc 2.02/1.60 heads, TSP 233/239 cam, Hooker headers, 3" duals, Yank SY 4000 stall, LS6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, iridium plugs, Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Vizage body kit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658525

98 Formula
    06 duramax

17ms @6500 rpm is 90% IDC so yes, for the most part they're maxed.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    17ms @6500 rpm is 90% IDC so yes, for the most part they're maxed.
    I agree, but in the same token, if you aren't doing any further mods that will need more injector, I wouldn't replace those either.

FWIW, if you were tuned to 12.9AFR with something like edit and your tuner decided that "injector tuning" was the best for your car instead of VE/MAF tuning, and you send your PCM away to have it programmed for new injectors, it will almost certainly screw up your WOT AFR.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I agree, but in the same token, if you aren't doing any further mods that will need more injector, I wouldn't replace those either.

FWIW, if you were tuned to 12.9AFR with something like edit and your tuner decided that "injector tuning" was the best for your car instead of VE/MAF tuning, and you send your PCM away to have it programmed for new injectors, it will almost certainly screw up your WOT AFR.
    Frost,
    I'm waiting for the results of the new Weiend intake, or maybe a Fast 90/90 setup, so I'm donemodding. Don't know if I will ever be done.
    I emailed your website about tuning my pcm, but Steve said that he couldn't tune it, so i'm kinda stuck. And there is no tuners within 300 miles of where I live. Thanks for the input though.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I am Steve, and though I don't remember speaking to you, If there is someone with your level of mods that wants a mail order in place of real tuning, in spite of the $ I typically don't do it. There is a right way and then there are the "other" ways to do something. To spend all of that money on mods and then get a mail order tune for it would fall under the one of the "other" ways unless it is a "starter tune" or a means to get your car to the dyno. I'm sympathetic to your situation, but that car needs to be in front of a tuner. I'm sure that I told you the same thing in this thread in the email as well. If your PCM was injector tuned, and you get a mail order tune for new injectors, it will screw up your tune. Your WOT will not be right. Most likely this is what I told you there. It doesn't matter if you can find a mail order guy who is willing to take your money (and there are plenty), when you get it back, your WOT will be off and most likely part throttle fueling as well. If you can't make a trip for a tune, you should look at buying into a full tuning suite to complement your wideband. Best of luck.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

So Frost do you want to take a road trip to Montana? LOL -That would be 2 tunes needed!

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    So Frost do you want to take a road trip to Montana? LOL -That would be 2 tunes needed!
    Wouldn't that be nice, but that would be hell of a road trip.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I'd prolly need a few more than 2 to make the trip, sorry guys

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Just a thought.When you live in Montana and drive a LS1 sometimes a thought is all you get.LOL

Thread Information