Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Am I on the right track?

Hello all. I have weighed my options on which tuning software to go with. I think I'm set on getting the EfiLive setup. I have recently done some work to my 02 SS (eagle stroker 383, port/polish cylinder heads, cam, rockers, headers, catback, underdrive pulley). I recently got it running and now need to have it tuned, and I enjoy doing everything that I possibly can with my car, instead of paying someone else too. What do you guys think as far as fuel injectors and fuel pump. Could I get away with the stock ones for a while after I tune my car? I really want to get this thing dynoed and race it a couple times, and feel good pushing it to redline, but not if its going to run lean. Has anyone tuned this setup with stock fuel system? Let me know if I am on the right track or if I should wait and save for fuel upgrades also.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I can't really help you with the injector question other than to say that you'll probably run out of fuel up top. I would also get a racetronix kit. What size cam is it?

why efilive and not hptuners?
    Last edited by 0rion; 08-07-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

What is the racetronix kit? I don't have my info in front of me but it's slightly under .550 lift. Can't remember duration or lsa but its pretty mild compared to most guys swapping cams. Everyone I have talked to about tuning software locally has told me efilive would suit me better than hptuners. Not saying hptuners is bad, they were just merely advising me what they would do if they were in my shoes. Is it not a good idea? I am open to opinions or ideas of any kind.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

click the sponsor link up near the top and check out harris speed works for racetronix fuel pump kits. Plug and play 235lph@ 58psi pump with a hotwire kit that keeps voltage to the pump from dropping. Excellent install instructions also and Matt at Harris Speedworks was great to do business with when I did mine a few years ago.

Efilive will definitely tune your car. I have both and if you were to ask me which one I would rather have if I could only have 1 it would be hptuners hands down. Cheaper, easier to navigate, I like the way their histograms are done much better, and several other reasons. Hptuners forum is considerably more active which means more people to give you a hand with things. Don't take my word for it though, just make sure you do your research before buying. Go to both sites and read.

Thread Information