Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A4 shift points

This is a discussion on A4 shift points within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Spikito how much would it cost to get shift points moved? Fluid flush and change $150 Trans ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    how much would it cost to get shift points moved?
    Fluid flush and change $150
    Trans service (depending on your needs) simlpe program $100
    labor costs not included.

This is the quote I got from the shop I go to here in PA.
    Hope this helped guys

Well here an idea for ya any way, good luck!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    by the time it was time to rebuild that tranny... it was alllll over the place! Quite the adventure just getting to work and back

Oh, and don't worry about finding out how much it would cost. Pretty sure it will be way higher out here I don't want to take it to the steelership. So, I need to find someone out here to take it to. But, thanks for the thought
    Okay I gotcha. Cost of living is way higher in CA. But still gives you an idea.
    Good luck!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Okay I gotcha. Cost of living is way higher in CA. But still gives you an idea.
    Good luck!
    Thanks. It just cost my husband $265 to have the tranny flushed/serviced in his Silverado about 5 months ago. I'm thinking it should be a little less for my car

But, now I want to know about the shift points. So, next time I'm out that way, I'll pop in and ask them.

Thanks again.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Fluid flush and change $150
    Trans service (depending on your needs) simlpe program $100
    labor costs not included.

This is the quote I got from the shop I go to here in PA.
    Hope this helped guys

Well here an idea for ya any way, good luck!
    so $100 to get my shift points moved?

I just had mine flushed and serviced

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    so $100 to get my shift points moved?

I just had mine flushed and serviced
    Ya thats my dealers price where I purchased my car .
    Also I'd have a one on one talk with the guy that's going to do the work. Just to be sure he's on the same page and totaly understands what you're lookin' for. Hope this was helpful. We 6 leggers gotta sqweeze every bit outta them.LOL
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-20-2009 at 08:36 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Thanks. It just cost my husband $265 to have the tranny flushed/serviced in his Silverado about 5 months ago. I'm thinking it should be a little less for my car

But, now I want to know about the shift points. So, next time I'm out that way, I'll pop in and ask them.

Thanks again.
    ya sometimes when you say "Camaro" it seems like the shop guys eyes turn into dollar signs LOL.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

ya sometimes when you say "Camaro" it seems like the shop guys eyes turn into dollar signs LOL.
    I don't trust many of them. When you find someone you trust... they're a keeper!

What I love is when I've gone to a new shop and some air head starts rattling off a bunch of stuff that I need done thinking I don't know jack shit about my cars. It's great when I start telling them they're full of it. The look on their faces is priceless

But, you're right about talking to the tech beforehand to make sure you're on the same page. I prefer small business shops and one on one service.

Since I've moved back out here, I was happy to find that my guy is still in business and he's got a totally built 97 Camaro that he races. So, he'll understand what I want and I'll trust who he recommends. I don't think he's set up to do it. But, maybe he is. Guess I'll have to find out

The only thing I've had done to the Camaro so far is the fuel filter and had the power steering pump flushed. Oh, and new speakers

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I don't trust many of them. When you find someone you trust... they're a keeper!

What I love is when I've gone to a new shop and some air head starts rattling off a bunch of stuff that I need done thinking I don't know jack shit about my cars. It's great when I start telling them they're full of it. The look on their faces is priceless

But, you're right about talking to the tech beforehand to make sure you're on the same page. I prefer small business shops and one on one service.

Since I've moved back out here, I was happy to find that my guy is still in business and he's got a totally built 97 Camaro that he races. So, he'll understand what I want and I'll trust who he recommends. I don't think he's set up to do it. But, maybe he is. Guess I'll have to find out

The only thing I've had done to the Camaro so far is the fuel filter and had the power steering pump flushed. Oh, and new speakers
    I hear that I've owned 4 f-bodies all Camaros. 89,92 25th anni,95, and my current 01. I always gotta laugh when I'm searching for new shops. Techs that try to blow smoke about Camaros and this that and the other. Soon as I hear garbage I walk away. I got a guy does good work and not to far from my shop. Takes me in at the drop of a hat whatever I need. Up the road from there I got another little guy who does my electronics. No BS just does what I ask and points me in the right direction. They both recomend eachother and in tern sometimes recomend me. The little guys dont play games cause they dont make money if they dont work. Techs at big shops sometimes dont care cause they get paid either way.

I'm starting from bare bone this summer on my 01, goin twin turbo small block.
    So I'll be given my little guys the work for sure when I get ready to street it again. Enjoy your f-body cause you'll find almost nothing runs or sounds quite like a chevy..

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I hear that I've owned 4 f-bodies all Camaros. 89,92 25th anni,95, and my current 01. I always gotta laugh when I'm searching for new shops. Techs that try to blow smoke about Camaros and this that and the other. Soon as I hear garbage I walk away. I got a guy does good work and not to far from my shop. Takes me in at the drop of a hat whatever I need. Up the road from there I got another little guy who does my electronics. No BS just does what I ask and points me in the right direction. They both recomend eachother and in tern sometimes recomend me. The little guys dont play games cause they dont make money if they dont work. Techs at big shops sometimes dont care cause they get paid either way.

I'm starting from bare bone this summer on my 01, goin twin turbo small block.
    So I'll be given my little guys the work for sure when I get ready to street it again. Enjoy your f-body cause you'll find almost nothing runs or sounds quite like a chevy..
    Yeah, well... you should see what they try to pull when your a woman

I got my license in a 69 Camaro. But, this is my first. Never thought I would own one newer than a 69 either. I've driven Chevy's all my life but do also own a probe (my beater) and an Alfa Romeo at the moment too.

I've had Chevelle's most of my adult life. A 69 was my first and a 69 1/2 that I built and restored and had for almost 14 years. That was my baby car. This is the newest car I have had (not counting the other two, but... they don't really count ) I'm more into classic muscle. So, I totally get the nothing feels or sounds like a Chevy I love my Camaro. But, it's not my Chevelle. It's the closest thing I'm got for now though.

Good luck with your project and have fun with it

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Yeah, well... you should see what they try to pull when your a woman

I got my license in a 69 Camaro. But, this is my first. Never thought I would own one newer than a 69 either. I've driven Chevy's all my life but do also own a probe (my beater) and an Alfa Romeo at the moment too.

I've had Chevelle's most of my adult life. A 69 was my first and a 69 1/2 that I built and restored and had for almost 14 years. That was my baby car. This is the newest car I have had (not counting the other two, but... they don't really count ) I'm more into classic muscle. So, I totally get the nothing feels or sounds like a Chevy I love my Camaro. But, it's not my Chevelle. It's the closest thing I'm got for now though.

Good luck with your project and have fun with it
    I hear ya. I totaly understand the about the old muscle too. The small block I'm buildin' is a twin turbo 327 with some modern goodies. Have'nt started it yet cause of my GM tunner gettin the same twin screw job in spring. 4-cam 60*v6. Almost zero after market for the twin cammers so almost every bit has to be custom.
    My wife's afraid of it now lol wait till they're both done.LOL I'm pushin 265 fwhp right now with N/A tune and custom goodies. I'm slightly north of 300hp @ the crank. Looking to get closer to 400hp @ the crank with twin screws. My twin cam loves rice!LOL

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I hear ya. I totaly understand the about the old muscle too. The small block I'm buildin' is a twin turbo 327 with some modern goodies. Have'nt started it yet cause of my GM tunner gettin the same twin screw job in spring. 4-cam 60*v6. Almost zero after market for the twin cammers so almost every bit has to be custom.
    My wife's afraid of it now lol wait till they're both done.LOL I'm pushin 265 fwhp right now with N/A tune and custom goodies. I'm slightly north of 300hp @ the crank. Looking to get closer to 400hp @ the crank with twin screws. My twin cam loves rice!LOL
    Sounds awesome. Also sounds like a lot of work. I've never had a 327. Only 350's.

Let your wife drive it a few times. She won't be afraid of it anymore. She'll want it

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Sounds awesome. Also sounds like a lot of work. I've never had a 327. Only 350's.

Let your wife drive it a few times. She won't be afraid of it anymore. She'll want it

She does drive my tunner scares her to death when she floors it and it yanks the wheel out of her hand. Puller cars get crazy when you start makin' power.
    It comes out of 1st @ 7200 rpm sometimes breaks traction between 30-40 mph from 2nd down to 1st. Thats really gettin' on it though. She likes cars too, gets grease right along side me. She just never drove anything with more than 140hp before she met me. Her Dad is'nt into muscle. Thinks I'm wasteing time with cars. I own my own company I got a little time to play. My puller scares him too he refuses to ride with me anymore.LOL

White
    2008 Hummer H3

PS hard for some to believe my GM tunner is 17 years old too.LOL(see profile)

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

you can change the shift points yourself if you have a diablo tuner or something like it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't know enough about tuning to even attempt that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information