Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

?

This is a discussion on ? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Not to hi-jack here, but to anyone who wants to answer... I am going FI soon and I have a ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Not to hi-jack here, but to anyone who wants to answer...

I am going FI soon and I have a wideband A/F gauge picked out from Autometer. For installation, all I basically am going to do is have the wideband O2 sensor plugged right into the bung of the Kook's ORY I have correct?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Not to hi-jack here, but to anyone who wants to answer...

I am going FI soon and I have a wideband A/F gauge picked out from Autometer. For installation, all I basically am going to do is have the wideband O2 sensor plugged right into the bung of the Kook's ORY I have correct?

My Kooks LT's have a spare bung on the driver side header. But yes, whatever you have open is probably where to put it. How far back from the collector is the bung?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like this (before I installed my LC-1):

And after:

That works. I usually weld my bungs just a tad further down stream and on the outside of the pipe so I can easily reach under the car to screw it in and out. Since I use a portable LM-1 wideband on every car.

I am just like some of you guys, scared to death to make a key stroke. Having experience tuning carbs, distributors etc...makes me comfortable in knowing what an engine likes. Making the changes with a computer however is an entirely different ballgame.

I made the plung anyway a few years ago. Figure if I'm going to own a 4th gen for the long haul, I should have the software to go with it. As a matter of fact, it's the first money I spent before I did a single mod to any of the cars. If nothing else it's saved me thousands in diagnostic abilities alone.

After that it was small changes at a time, logging, making passes at the track with small changes to see what it liked etc... There is a ton of reading on HPtuners site, as well as many helpfull people here to steer you in the right direction. I still don't have my hands around it entirely yet.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Damn Jeff! Do you even drive that thing?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    Damn Jeff! Do you even drive that thing?

Around 2,000 miles this year. It tripped to Spazapalooza, GM Carlisle and made three runs to the track plus hit the local shows and a few dinner outings. Probably has 76,000 miles or so on it now.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My Kooks LT's have a spare bung on the driver side header. But yes, whatever you have open is probably where to put it. How far back from the collector is the bung?
    I'll have to look again, but I believe they would be at the same location as yours. I have the 1-7/8" X 3 race style headers from Kooks; Part number 6501RHS.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Around 2,000 miles this year. It tripped to Spazapalooza, GM Carlisle and made three runs to the track plus hit the local shows and a few dinner outings. Probably has 76,000 miles or so on it now.
    Well, it looks awesome.

Sorry for the hijak

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I'll have to look again, but I believe they would be at the same location as yours. I have the 1-7/8" X 3 race style headers from Kooks; Part number 6501RHS.

I believe mine are the same.

red
    2000 C5

you can attend the tuning school in Odessa Fl, They are the folks that wrote the instruction manuals for sale on the HP tuners website.

Because they live so close to me, Ive been to the basic and advanced courses several times. My C5 is often used as a test mule for the students.
    www.TampaTuning.Com

Meet us from 6p-10p at the Tampa HOOTERS located at 4420 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa. next date: JULY 13th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information