green
    94 z28

Where to get a good 12 bolt?

I can tell my stock 9 bolt is going bad and just because of that I no longer even race from a rest. I will only race when we're already moving, and it's getting old, quick.

So I'm looking for a good 12 bolt to put in the car. I see in magazines where a full new set up is about $1,800 but I'd really like to go for a used one because right now I'm spending about 40 hours a week in college classes and will have about 45 next semester and every part time job I try to get is filled up with illegal mexicans so money is a little low right now.

So anyone got any ideas? There are no good salvage places around here, I've checked about 10 and not a single one even has ANY model camaro. Just junk POS cars.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    I can tell my stock 9 bolt is going bad and just because of that I no longer even race from a rest. I will only race when we're already moving, and it's getting old, quick.

So I'm looking for a good 12 bolt to put in the car. I see in magazines where a full new set up is about $1,800 but I'd really like to go for a used one because right now I'm spending about 40 hours a week in college classes and will have about 45 next semester and every part time job I try to get is filled up with illegal mexicans so money is a little low right now.

So anyone got any ideas? There are no good salvage places around here, I've checked about 10 and not a single one even has ANY model camaro. Just junk POS cars.
    First off those ads in the back of magazines are for different model cars. You will be lucky to find a new 12 bolt for under $2600 to fit a new gen F-body. If you are on a budget, look on your local Craigs List, classified sections (on here or others), ebay, etc... to find a used one from a junked out car that was in an accident or one someone is selling putting theirs back to stock. Sometimes they come up and you can find them for $1800 or so (Used).

As for finding one from a different car, they just wont work because of our f-body torque arm mount. You will spend more money trying to convert one to fit than going out and buying a new one.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Thread Information