Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Where to buy TCC solenoid??

I need a TCC solenoid. The only luck I had was on ebay cuz I don't know the part number. Is this what I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACDEL...4506.m20.l1116

If not, can someone provide a link for a TCC solenoid. My converter isn't locking so this will be the easiest and the cheapest.

Anyone know how to do this? Or do I just drop the pan and i should figure it out from there?

Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I need a TCC solenoid. The only luck I had was on ebay cuz I don't know the part number. Is this what I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACDEL...4506.m20.l1116

If not, can someone provide a link for a TCC solenoid. My converter isn't locking so this will be the easiest and the cheapest.

Anyone know how to do this? Or do I just drop the pan and i should figure it out from there?
    go to the sonnax web site. If not try calling trans star, or a local parts store. If you lived in MI i would give you my moms shop number. to do this youll need to drop the pan, disconnect the clips on the wiring harness remove the valve body(about 20 10mm bolts and 5 8mm bolts) and when you take it off BE CAREFUL! Don't lose the check balls. When you get it down, mark the spots where they are with a pick so you wont forget. Take them out. The Sonnax valve comes with a sleeve and a valve. remove the clip on the top, and pull out the end cap. remove the valve and springs and remember where they go, not hard, i think theres only one spring. Clean out the bore(brake clean does well) install the sleeve, and replace the valve with springs. Put the cap and clip on, and with a pick or pocket screwdriver, check it to see that it isnt hanging up. Then bolt it all back up, and reinstall all the clips. While you have the pan off, replace the filter, and fill it up with clean fluid. Hope that helps!

Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

and if i screwed anything up, buy an ATSG 4L60E book.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I got one already. Just came in the mail from performabuilt. Wow, that sounds really complicated, I haven't messed with my trans at all but I am sure I will figure it out. Thanks!
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-21-2009 at 05:48 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

I got one already. Just came in the mail from performabuilt. Wow, that sounds really complicated, I haven't messed with my trans at all but I am sure I will figure it out. Thanks!
    that is a 3-2 control solnoid you bought by the looks of it. Which one do you ned to install? a tcc or a 3-2 solenoid.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

tcc....frank at performabuilt already said it wasn't right. supposedly he set me straight and got the right part...the tcc solenoid

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

tcc....frank at performabuilt already said it wasn't right. supposedly he set me straight and got the right part...the tcc solenoid
    Well you don't need to take the valve body off to change the TCC, I hope you havent already started.

You will have to remove the pan and filter though.
    Unplug the electrical connections and if it is in your way take out the three bolts holding the harness in and pull it off.

Unbolt the two bolts holding the TCC in and pull it out.

Install the new one and lube up your new o-ring with Transgel or tranny fluid if you don't have transgel.

Bolt back up your harness (8ft-lbs)plug in the connections
    Install a new filter
    Remove and clean your pan magnet and replace.
    Bolt back up the 16 bolts on your pan (9ft-lbs)
    Here are a few pics. The pics are high resolution so you can zoom way in if needed. Hope this helps.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

That helps a lot....i will check the pics when I get home...Thanks a lot. I can't rep ya since ls1.com doesn't have that

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

That helps a lot....i will check the pics when I get home...Thanks a lot. I can't rep ya since ls1.com doesn't have that
    I'm glad I was able to help. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

okay my bad, i thought you needed the TCC regulator valve. I didnt read correctly, i kinda just skimmed. My bad. If you needed to change the valve though, that would be the way to do it. No sleeve with the valve. I was thinking 4T65E, front wheel drive GM. I was screwing up all over that day. lol sorry!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

nah, i really appreciated the help guys! thx, hopefully i can return the favor someday

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Hey guys, I got the part in the mail. I didn't receive a TCC solenoid (some other solenoid is what i received) and to make a long story short....a guy locally says he's seen this problem a lot and asked if i had the 1870 code and I do. He wants to to something to the valve body. Rebuild or change something in it.

Do I have to remove all those bolts on the valve body to remove it? He was quoting me 100 bucks to fix it.

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Does he want you to bring the valve body to him?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Yea, I have to remove it and he's going to do something with it. He sounds pretty confident about it. I will probably call him tomorrow. Looks like 17 bolts to remove the valve body...is it that simple?

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

On a lift, in a clean environment, it's easy. Under a car in a driveway, you have to be careful that you don't tip the valve body over and drop out the check balls.

Unclip your solenoids
    Un-bolt your wire harness and pull it out of your way. Zip tie it if you have to.
    If I were you I would take a picture of the rest of the bolts, print a pic out and number each bolt and put it in a corresponding bag. (Not all the bolts are the same length.)

You will have to remove your manual detent spring assembly (holds pressure on linkage) Keep track of the bolt. Pull the manual valve link out but leave the valve in the bore.

Put your 7 check balls in a bag and keep track of the way the spacer plates (they should be marked with a letter) and which side is which that are under the valve body.

If you want a shift kit, now is the time to install it.

When you re-install your valve body take some Vaseline and put it on the check balls to keep them in place. I'll put up a pic of the check ball locations for you in the morning so you can make sure you get them back in the right spot.

Also pay close attention to torquing the valve body bolts. I'll post the torque sequence pic for you too.

Pick yourself up a couple of quarts of tranny fluid and a new filter. You will most likely lose 1 and a 1/4 quart in the pan. I like to measure it, replace but always check the dipstick.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Wow, that sounds pretty complicated and I don't even have a torque wrench. I got the filter, fluid, and gasket though.

More pics the better, thanks for the help in advance...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I just found through a link that LS2 Tuner posted a long time ago. Has anyone ever used this kit to fix the 1870 code I am having?

http://www.transgo.com/gmsk/4L60E-4L65E.html

Maybe the valve body doesn't need fixed after all?

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Wow, that sounds pretty complicated and I don't even have a torque wrench. I got the filter, fluid, and gasket though.

More pics the better, thanks for the help in advance...
    It isn't too bad but I don't know you personally. Are you mechanically inclined? If not, don't even try taking off your own VB. If you feel uncomfortable doing it just take it to someone and pay them the $$ to take it off.

If you don't have a torque wrench go to Sears and buy one. I prefer the click type for tranny work so I don't have to contort my body to look at the neddle indictator upside down.

If you do buy one I personally would buy the inch/lb one? That is what I find most acurrate. Then if you find something like the tranny that needs to be tq'd to 8lb/lbs. I just take 8*12=96 in/lbs.

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Hope this helps you.

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Thought you might find this useful