Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z/28

vibration increases with speed under heavy accel.

Hey guys, im new to the forum but im on my 3rd LS1 '98 Camaro Z28 and ive grown fanatical about these cars over the years and im trying to make this particular car perfect so help with this issue would be great....if i mash the gas at 70 or so and it climbs to 80, then 90, then 100.....110...and so on, i feel like the driveshaft has a vibration some where or something.... like it vibrates as its turning and you can feel it...idk...ive thought about maybe 3rd gear is vibrating but you can almost feel it on the tail shaft of the tranny or something...idk what it is.....any ideas or common mounts or anything that need replacing?

(Car has SLP intake, K/N filter, LS6 intake, 3 bar maf, cat-deletes,EGR and full emissions delete, 900cc battery, E3 plugs, SLP 160 stat, a/c belt delete, SLP stage 2 "loud-mouth" cat-back, 17" ZR1 rims-9.5w-10.5w, 3.42 Auburn posi, ALL sythetic fluids-otherwise stock)

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Have you checked your trans mount and u-joints?
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

^^^^ ditto^^^^
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You could also be feeling a stutter if you are "mashing" it in 6th gear. Your car doesn't have enough ass to push it forward all too well in 6th at those speeds. Otherwise, I'd suggest what was mentioned; u-joint and transmission mounts.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

U-Joints !

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Just another thought here, but I'd also check the balance on your wheels/tires, too. I had a vibration pop up not too long after I bought my car that was fairly pronounced when driving it at highway speeds. A trip to my tire shop turned up a bad right front tire. Something to consider, at least. As mentioned above, I'd look at U-joints, also.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z/28

Alrighty, Thanks guys...i really appreciate the feed back! I'll throw in a set of new U-Joints and a poly' trans mount and ill get back at ya

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

You might inspect the driveshaft as well, and make sure it's still in balance.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My bet is on a tire out of balance seeing it doesn't go away. Check for junk stuck inside the wheels and tire treads.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Why are you going to just change the joints, that may not even be the problem at all............

Why would tires only have a issue under load, tires don't change under load ??????

Look at the torque arm make sure it is tight, no broken bolts or anything loose.

Check the mount, it seems as if only under hard use you get a issue (since you ONLY said when MASHING the gas leading us to believe you have NO issue anytime else) and only under hard use will anything driveline related change.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

u joints or possibly the nut that hold the rearend yok on and gears tight could be loose enough to cause a vibration.

Thread Information