Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Question Transmission problem :(

Well guys I posted on here a few days ago about this noise i hear on take off with my Z...Kind of sounds like somebody is directly underneath the drivers seat with a hammer and hitting the frame when i take off hard. At first we thought it was the U-joints checked those they are fine, Checked the rear end for slack in the gears and that's not the problem. The I ordered a new Tranny mount from autoZone should be in tomorrow. Got back under the car today at work and checked the stock tranny mount and it seems to fine...So with the car jacked up in the rear and the rear end on jack stands two of my co-workers on each side we started the car up and put it into drive. Let off the brakes and the tires naturally start turning being an automatic then i mashed the brakes and both of my friends seem to believe the noise is coming from inside the tranny...They say that there is a bearing all the way at the end of the tranny tail they seem to think the bearing has gone bad and it's also leaking a little tranny fluid from around the seal on the back of the tranny. Just wanted to check and see if anybody else has had a problem like this? I will be installing the new Tranny mount when it comes in so i'm still hoping beyound all hope thats what it is!

Thanks
    Chris

Checked the torque arm attachment?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 30thbird
    Checked the torque arm attachment?
    We gave it a quick glance seemed to be ok...although when we put the mount on monday (or tomorrow if it doesn't snow lol) I'll be sure to give it a more closer look.

Thanks

SILVER
    2002 WS6 CONV

i had a 700r4 that did this, did it for a year until one day it let go....the planitary was cracked....

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yikes that doesn't sound good....It's going back to the dealer Tuesday let them figure it out lol.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Well, I dropped the car off at the dealer today....They told me that I should hear something in about a day or two.....I miss it already....Hope it comes back RIGHT!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the dealer will find it. if you have changed parts on ur driveline u have to take a good look at all of them. check everything. could possibly be jus driveline slack.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah the dealer did fix it!! I pick it up tomorrow....as it turned out it was the tranny mount however they did not use the one from AutoZone they put the OEM one back on there...also replaced the tail shaft seal so all is well now! Could have done all that myself but hey it's under warranty still for another two months lmao! Thanks guys

Thread Information