transgo reprogramming kit

This is a discussion on transgo reprogramming kit within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok i have had this transgo reprogramming kit in my garage for over a year now.. i was going to ...

black
    2000 camaro ss

transgo reprogramming kit

ok i have had this transgo reprogramming kit in my garage for over a year now.. i was going to have it installed on my 94 z28 camaro... i have sold that and now have a 2000 ss... do they have the same transmisson? both were automatic.. a 4L60E....also.. what does it do? and how hard is it to install?

In short yes, it'll fit.. what it does .... well you'll get many opinions, mine is " the kit allows the transmission to be beat upon" pull the instruction page out on the first page it tells you what it does. The short answer is, it increases operateing pressure and shortens shifts. Hope this helps Dave

black
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-On View Post
    In short yes, it'll fit.. what it does .... well you'll get many opinions, mine is " the kit allows the transmission to be beat upon" pull the instruction page out on the first page it tells you what it does. The short answer is, it increases operateing pressure and shortens shifts. Hope this helps Dave
    easy to put on? will a transmisson shop rape me on the price? lol..i also have a set on 4:10 gears thats been sittin in the box but ive been told thats a little to much for a auto tranny

Ray Charles blue

Not sure how the trans go works but I got a mail order tune from FROST and as you know you will have to adjust your computer to compensate for the rear gears anyway. He firmed up my shifts and they are nice and tight and it shifts quickly. I went with the 3.73 gears and they are not too high. I can imagine the 4.10s would be fun though and not THAT bad. at 55 in OD your RPMS would only be 2080, 65 would be 2458 and I cruise at 72 so your RPMS would be 2723 where mine with 3.73s is only running 2477.

Try this calculator to see the difference between the onesyou have and what you are considering. The 3.73s so far for me are perfect!

http://www.richmondgear.com/101032.html

I was looking at shift kits but the work FROST did with my tune is perfect.

Thread Information