2000 Trans Am

Thumping Sound Help!!!

I had to have my transmission rebuilt a couple of months ago and i noticed that since then that whenever i go over speed bumps relatively fast i hear a huge clunking sound. Could this be a transmisision mount?.. If so where are they located so i can check it is installed properly and are they easy to fix? Thanks, chris

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

M6 or A4? do you have lt's, is your car lowered? does you transmission give you any other problems (wont shift A4/clunking while shifting M6)? when you hear the Clunk do you feel anything in the car? my cats scrap over most speed bumps. the M6 transmission has only 1 mount other then being bolted to the engine. it is the trany cross brace which is located near the tailshaft of the tranny. there is only one bolt and a rubber absorber. your torque arm is also mounted near here on the tranny. very easy to get to. check all of these bolts, if you dont find anything maybe your just going to fast over the speed bumps. hope this helps a little. good luck
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 07-30-2007 at 06:15 PM.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    M6 or A4? do you have lt's, is your car lowered? does you transmission give you any other problems (wont shift A4/clunking while shifting M6)? when you hear the Clunk do you feel anything in the car? my cats scrap over most speed bumps. the M6 transmission has only 1 mount other then being bolted to the engine. it is the trany cross brace which is located near the tailshaft of the tranny. there is only one bolt and a rubber absorber. your torque arm is also mounted near here on the tranny. very easy to get to. check all of these bolts, if you dont find anything maybe your just going to fast over the speed bumps. hope this helps a little. good luck
    It's an A4 and not lowered. Transmission shifts fine. Everything works fine. Other then the thud sound. And I don't feel anything in the car itself when i hear it. My signature is all i have done to the car.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i have the same thing, i think its either my torque arm or my lca's dont know thou, but yeagh it willl scare the shit out of someone who has no idea lol, only when i hit speed bumps or a really big lip kinda like a jump but never get off the ground.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    i have the same thing, i think its either my torque arm or my lca's dont know thou, but yeagh it willl scare the shit out of someone who has no idea lol, only when i hit speed bumps or a really big lip kinda like a jump but never get off the ground.
    Does anyone have any pix of this so I can see what i am looking for to see if anything is loose?

Thread Information