Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

strange or moser 12 bolt?

This is a discussion on strange or moser 12 bolt? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Can u get strange to powdercoat the rear like moser? Id like to go with the strange because it seems ...

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Can u get strange to powdercoat the rear like moser? Id like to go with the strange because it seems like they have less issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    STRANGE DANA S60....

bigger and stronger then any 12 bolt, and cheaper then the moser m9 setup.

Dana 60 replacement parts are very affordable in the unlikely event you ever break something. The Strange Dana S60 already comes set up and are easy to bolt right in.

I've had a my s60 for 2 years now (installed myself with a friend).. handles abuse and is bullet proof... yeah it might weight 220 lbs, so I just add more hp to make up for the added weight.
    Ya I like the Dana's. I've built a few for chrysler restorations and a friend of mine who ran one in a 55 chevy drag car. They are tough for sure, just pretty damn heavy though.
    Although I share your opinion on the added weight solution,,,you'll here alot of people cry about it though. It's the same dilema people crab about with iron verses aluminum blocks. It's easy enough to find the weight in other areas of the car. I tend to lean towards better parts and bullet proofing the car and take a hit in weight for durability, then just work with it from there. It's alot better than going back and doing something twice.

Quote Originally Posted by bpopham22 View Post
    Can u get strange to powdercoat the rear like moser? Id like to go with the strange because it seems like they have less issues.
    Probably can, but I'd ask to be sure. I don't see why not. I've always bought mine as a bare housing, and I mean bare as in paint, and also bare as in no parts inside. So I could weld things to it as I needed it before painting. Then I assemble them myself with specific parts I like to use.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Dana 60 is only 20 lbs heavier then the 9"

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya I like the Dana's. I've built a few for chrysler restorations and a friend of mine who ran one in a 55 chevy drag car. They are tough for sure, just pretty damn heavy though.
    Although I share your opinion on the added weight solution,,,you'll here alot of people cry about it though. It's the same dilema people crab about with iron verses aluminum blocks. It's easy enough to find the weight in other areas of the car. I tend to lean towards better parts and bullet proofing the car and take a hit in weight for durability, then just work with it from there. It's alot better than going back and doing something twice.
    I completely agree... Build from the ground up... a hit in weight is easy to counter, but parts that break and fail just sucks up money and time... Plus you can potentially wreck your vehicle or yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information