red
    2002 Camaro SS LE

strange clutch pedal issue

ok, i've got a strange clutch pedal thing going on. every morning when i back out of the garage, the clutch pedal engages really low. then when i go to first, sometimes i have to lift the pedal with my toes and pump it a couple times to get it back to normal.

sometimes the pedal will release at a normal (about half way it starts to grab on the clutch and stuff) and be fully engaged by the time the pedal is all the way out.

if you hold the clutch pedal down in traffic, it will release just off the floor and the pdeal will hang up half way and you have to lift it with you toe. it shift into the next gear fine, and i dont have any problems getting in into 1st gear or reverse.

also, the clutch fluid will be black and nasty after about a week. i use the "Range" method to change the fluid at the resivor avery weekend.

is my clutch master cylinder going out? is it possible my slave? or is my clutch just on its last leg?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Definitely sounds like a slave issue. Maybe master, but more likely slave. Your clutch is probably not the problem. BUT, it would be a good time to go ahead and have it replaced as well, as either way you have to back out the tranny. I recommend the LS7 kit if you're under ~450hp

I replaced EVERYTHING at about 100k, new slave, master, pilot bearing, LS7 kit. Sitting at 203k now with absolutely no issues.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

i agree, might as well replace it all while you have the tranny out.

Thread Information