midnight blue
    2000 trans am

So which is it!!!

So I have a problem, I have been hearing throw out bearing or the clutch hydraulics, when I push the clutch in you feel the vibration from it, and it also it make a horrible whining noise. So can anybody guide me in the right direction with which it is, I don't wanna spend a fortune on something I don't need cause I am tight on funds right now....

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

No takers? I am leaning towards the master cylinder for the clutch but I am not sure...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Sounds like Throwout bearing. You can get it separate or it also comes with the GM slave cylinder. If your funds allow it, a new slave is a good idea while you're in there.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Just making sure, I figured that was the problem, I was already planning on the tick slave, and the ls7 clutch set up while I was in there is this something I can do in the drive way with no problems or should I just go ahead and take the shop butt kicking when it comes to this...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Tick makes a nice Master Cylinder. I'm not aware of a Tick Slave. Most people (including Tick) recommend installing a GM Slave cylinder and nothing else. Avoid the cheap Chinese slave cylinders sold at the parts stores.
    A clutch and slave cylinder swap can definitely be done at home. You just have to be able to get the car safely up in the air and pull the transmission out. Read as much as you can about installing a clutch before you tackle it so you know what to expect. And ask questions if you need to.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Cool deal I was just ending up planning on buying everything from kyspeed since I have bought sfc from them, and just putting the car in the shop hopefully it holds up on me until next weekend cause it is acting up horribly I try to be as easy as possible on it so it won't mess the tranny up....

Thread Information