metallic blue
    2001 Z28

setting pinion angle

I posted awhile ago relating to the mysterious case of the vibrating Camaro. After installing S&W Race Cars SFC w/adjustable torque arm in my 2001 Z28, I had a strong vibration on light cruise while under load, such as on the highway going up a hill. Anything over 65 mph was unpleasant. ( T56, Moser 9" w/4.11's, steel driveshaft w/Spicer 1350's front and rear). Many people have different ideas on the proper way to set the pinion angle. After much research I settled on the information provided by vibratesoftware.com. They have step by step instructions with photographs and easy to understand procedures. However, you must use the Kent-Moore drivesaft inclinometer. I ordered one from Kent-Moore and waited 3 months for delivery. When it arrived, I was very disapointed. So I decided to make my own. Setting the pinion angle to a known value, in this case negative 1 degree,has restored a proper ride with no vibration at highway speeds. I have included pic's as well as timeslips. These times are with 100HP NOS, Thunder Racing cam, 3" in/out Dynamax, stock exhaust manifolds and converters. Times are through the exhaust with M/T ET Streets. The car is very streetable. I am extremely pleased with the modifications performed by East Side Performance, Wallingford, CT. This upcoming season I will be competing in our ET Street brackets. With a true street car and a manual trans I'm at a disadvantage but I'm going to run what I got.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

thanks for the info
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information