Thread: Rear end help

green
    1998 Z28

Rear end help

just put 4:10s an a posi in my 98 Z. can /how do I get the speedo recalibrated?

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

You have to have a program that will let you get into the plc and make changes, if you do it yourself. You can also have a speed shop do it for you, I know of some here in north texas.
    Your other option is to pull your pcm and send it in to a tuner. I highly recommend Frost at lsxtune.com he is a sponsor on this site, and not only can he change your speedo he can put a custom tune in the pcm and you will get a little more power and speed, truly beneficial if you have bolt ons. I believe he is running a special right now for 125$ for a tune. I had him do mine and noticed a big difference.

Either way you have to hook up to the computer and change something to correct your speedo.

green
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RARON455 View Post
    You have to have a program that will let you get into the plc and make changes, if you do it yourself. You can also have a speed shop do it for you, I know of some here in north texas.
    Your other option is to pull your pcm and send it in to a tuner. I highly recommend Frost at lsxtune.com he is a sponsor on this site, and not only can he change your speedo he can put a custom tune in the pcm and you will get a little more power and speed, truly beneficial if you have bolt ons. I believe he is running a special right now for 125$ for a tune. I had him do mine and noticed a big difference.

Either way you have to hook up to the computer and change something to correct your speedo.
    Right on..... thanks for the info!

Thread Information