Ratech deluxe kit?

This is a discussion on Ratech deluxe kit? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Have any of you guys used a Ratech deluxe kit lately? I just received one from Thunder Racing today and ...

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Ratech deluxe kit?

Have any of you guys used a Ratech deluxe kit lately? I just received one from Thunder Racing today and it was just a small box with basically everything thrown in it. The bearings and seals were all loose. The last time I used one of their kits a few years back everything was shrink wrapped neatly to cards. It seemed a little assenine to me to just throw bearings and seals in a box. I am just wondering if this is normal now?

red
    99 camaro SS

thats funny that you say that because i just bought the ratech kit yesterday to go with my richmond 4:10s and i have the same like 8 inch by 8 inch box with everything thrown in it. it did have bubble wrap on the top though. the car will be done today or tomorrow so i guess ill find out what the results are. im also having one of the best around here install it so if there is a problem he wont even install them.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Mine had everything in the box and everything was okay but that is a poor way to package the kit without a doubt. Mine is at the shop right now getting the whole rear redone but unfortunately one of the axles is shot so I had to order some from Summit and lay the car up until Monday. Not to make you worry but if I were you I would return those Richmonds and get GM's, Motives or Superiors. I didn't believe the complaints about Richmonds in a 10 bolt until I tried them. They were quiet for a couple of days and then would start holwing like a banshee. Jegs actually replaced them with another set that did the same. Richmonds suck in 10 bolts.

black
    01 ws6 ta

Ratech Is Shi Send It Back Only Get Tiempkin Berings

Thread Information