Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Question on gears

I tried to do a search but for some reason it wouldnt work for me. And the website for the fbody gears wont load. So my question is what RPM are you m6 guys with 4.10's at about 80 mph? Im gettin a ford 9" and am just wondering how these fair onthe highway. Im not sure if this is an option for what im getting but would a posi be better than a limited slip for a dd? I just dont want to spin through first like I did with my 3.42's

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

It would be close to 2150rpm @ 80mph. Get a posi.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

As stated above, roughly 2150 rpm in 6th gear -- of course, there will be a slight variance depending on the size tires you are using.

As for traction issues in 1st gear, I would highly recommend a better tire. If you drive the car regularly and are comfortable with only getting around 10 - 12K miles out of the two rears, the Nitto 555R's should be a good fit for you. They're not great in the rain, however they perform pretty well when warm. If you're willing to go a little more extreme, you could go with the M/T radials -- you could expect about 5K miles from a set, however the traction is (in my opinion) significantly improved over the Nitto's.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    As stated above, roughly 2150 rpm in 6th gear -- of course, there will be a slight variance depending on the size tires you are using.

As for traction issues in 1st gear, I would highly recommend a better tire. If you drive the car regularly and are comfortable with only getting around 10 - 12K miles out of the two rears, the Nitto 555R's should be a good fit for you. They're not great in the rain, however they perform pretty well when warm. If you're willing to go a little more extreme, you could go with the M/T radials -- you could expect about 5K miles from a set, however the traction is (in my opinion) significantly improved over the Nitto's.
    I have 275/40/17 and the tires arent too old so Im gunna try and not drop too much more after spending all my money on the 9"

Thread Information