RED
    1998 CAMARO Z28

Prothane & Energy

WELL I JUST GONNA TELL YOU WHAT THEY TOLD ME THIS NOVEMBER IN LAS VEGAS ( SEMA AUTOSHOW ) ABOUT THE Transmission Mount,
    I TOLD THE GUY THAT WORK IN BOTH COMPANIES PROTHANE AND ENERGY SUSPENSION AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THIS IS A UNIVERSAL Transmission Mount, AND ITS NOT FOR A CAMARO OR TRANS AM BECAUSE IT CHANGE THE driveshaft ANGLE BECAUSE ITS TALLER THAN THE ORIGINAL MOUNT AND IT WONT WORK WELL, AND TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL MOUNT THATS THE CAUSE OF THE VIBRATION .
    HOPE IT HELP

TheAntiRice
    Quote Originally Posted by GUSHER
    WELL I JUST GONNA TELL YOU WHAT THEY TOLD ME THIS NOVEMBER IN LAS VEGAS ( SEMA AUTOSHOW ) ABOUT THE Transmission Mount,
    I TOLD THE GUY THAT WORK IN BOTH COMPANIES PROTHANE AND ENERGY SUSPENSION AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THIS IS A UNIVERSAL Transmission Mount, AND ITS NOT FOR A CAMARO OR TRANS AM BECAUSE IT CHANGE THE driveshaft ANGLE BECAUSE ITS TALLER THAN THE ORIGINAL MOUNT AND IT WONT WORK WELL, AND TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL MOUNT THATS THE CAUSE OF THE VIBRATION .
    HOPE IT HELP
    did the mount come with a spacer and if it did did you put it on a buddy of mine had the spacer put in and it mad allot of noise remove the spacer and it should be fine

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

All you have to do is take the spacer out.

RED
    1998 CAMARO Z28

i never installed and both phrotane and energy its giving me a lot of vibration so im about to go back to stock

4 cyl colorado

I just installed mine (Energy Suspension) the vibration inside the car is much more than I expected. The new mount did raise the transmission about 1/4 inch. According to the instructions the plate that goes on top is not a spacer but is to preload the mount. It mashes the two rubber humps on top of the mount down when tightened. As stated before the new interior noise is more than I expected, would the 1/4 inch that the tranny was raised cause any long term problems?
    '73 Plain Jane Camaro, Gen III, T56
    '02 WS6, M6
    All gone but not forgotten

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I just installed one and the vibtation is awful. I am going back stock. There was no spacer in mine. All I know is I'm fucking pissed. Thank goodness I only paid $18 for the urethane one.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i got used to it...makes it feel more "muscle car" and ballsy. Rattles teh fuck out of my shift boot, though =(

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i got used to it...makes it feel more "muscle car" and ballsy. Rattles teh fuck out of my shift boot, though =(
    MIne has a bad vibration through 4th gear at about 2000 rpms and then it is a little bit in 5th and 6 th it is hardly noticeably. I can handle the vibration. It didn't do it before so I am going back stock. I just hate that I had to spend $65 on a stock GM mount, but if that takes the vib out then I'm all about it.

Black
    97 Formula

I have a Prothane mount that I bought through Spohn's website. They say it's supposed to be the correct height. When I installed it, I felt a little bit more vibration throughout the interior, but nothing that would make me want to put a rubber on back in. And I am VERY sensitive to cars when they make weird noises, vibrations.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

I just bought an Energy Suspension one today...my stock one is broke. Hope it works out okay.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Warbird
    I have a Prothane mount that I bought through Spohn's website. They say it's supposed to be the correct height. When I installed it, I felt a little bit more vibration throughout the interior, but nothing that would make me want to put a rubber on back in. And I am VERY sensitive to cars when they make weird noises, vibrations.
    Just installed mine today...no problems yet. There is a little more interior resonance though. I am glad to get it repaired finally.

See signature.

prothane works the best overall. spohn sells them and alot seem to have better results. i have one on my thirdgen and it works great and the good thing is it didnt break after some abuse. its the same size as the stock one as far as i remember. very pleases i plan to get their poly enigne mounts as well for my thirdgen. and most likely the same mounts for my 4th gen.
    Pontiac Firebird's: 91 Formula 350, 01 Trans Am WS6, Suzuki's: 09 SX4 Crossover, GSX-R's: 06 600 & 07 1K.
    F-Quick Garage & Car Domain

White
    1998 TransAm

i installed a prothatne one in my car half way through the summer. there was a lot more vibration for the first week or two, after that, it seemed to go away. I actually liked the car witht the more vibration, wishi t could have stayed that way.

RED
    1998 CAMARO Z28

Here Its What I Think Get Original Mount And Get An Aftermarket Torque Arm Like A Spohn Or Bmr The One That Goes Behind The Tranny And That Would Give You More Power To The Wheels And Better Handling An Foget To Change That Mount

Thread Information