Possible tranny issue with 95 dodge ram?

This is a discussion on Possible tranny issue with 95 dodge ram? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; first off i hope its ok i post this here, being as it is specific for lsx vehicles....i didnt know ...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Possible tranny issue with 95 dodge ram?

first off i hope its ok i post this here, being as it is specific for lsx vehicles....i didnt know where else to post this. mods, if it is in wrong section feel free to put in the correct forum.

Ive had this truck for over a year now, and it has done this ever since ive owned it. i had the tranny flushed new filter installed and synthetic fluid put in (not cheap). but the issue still goes on. what it does is, when driving it acts like a normal truck, but when you let off the gas to slow down or whatever, the rpms drop straight down to an idle. where as most vehicles when you let off the gas the rpms stay where they were when your driving. but i dont know why mine drop to idle. also, if you let the truck sit for more than 2 days it will lose line pressure, as in if i start it after 2 days and put it in gear, it wont move for a bit until it gets pressure again and will take off. i prevent this by starting the truck and putting it in neutral for about 30 seconds before i take off and its fine doing it this way. but i would think it shouldnt lose line pressure after 2 days of sitting. ive included a short video of what my truck does when driving and letting off the gas. any help, ideas, or information would be appreciated. id like to get this figured out while its still nice out to where i can fix it....im leaning towards the possibility of the torque converter going out. although it still shifts like normal, and the torque converter still locks up normally.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Losing pressure after a few days is a common problem with those Chrysler RWD transmissions. My Jeep (5.3 V8) did that. The converter is draining back and it takes time to refill it. there is a service bulletin for it. the fix was to add a check valve somewhere.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

The lagging issue may be deeper, does it have a lazy 1,2, 2,3 shift ?

It's not dropping to idle, it is dropping off some, every trans i have seen with that wait to warm up issue has a deeper problem, sounds like its what happens when they sit in park idling a lot, the older dodge trans do not circulate in park, why it's not good to let them sit in park running, always neutral, and why you check the fluid in neutral

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

No lazy shifts at all. And yes I know the pump is not engaged in park thus the reason why I let it warm up a neutral like my original post said

Thread Information