Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Thumbs up New Strange S60 rear

The factory 10 bolt finally failed in my car, so I had a Strange S60 put in along with a new trans mount fully adjustable torque arm from UMI. I have an A4 and the old factory gears were 3.23s. The Strange has 3.54s. Approximately how far off is my speedometer reading? I have a non-WS6 T/A with 16 inch factory wheels, but I've heard that the tire diameter/circumference stays fairly constant if you stick with the factory OEM wheel/tire combos. I know the speedo's reading high now - if it indicated 60, what would be my real speed? I'm going to get it recalibrated, just haven't had the time to do it yet. BTW, the rear is quiet! Just FYI, I had considered both Moser and Strange before I bought the rear. I got the torque arm first from UMI and they said that they had fewer install (virtually no) problems with the Strange rears. I also didn't like the fact the Moser nickle-and-dimes you for every little additional thing. You have to order the drain and fill plugs separately and pay extra money to have them installed! Isn't that retarded? How would you do routine fluid changes? I wanted a bolt-in package that I wouldn't have to worry about - those nickles and dimes added up really quickly with Moser!
    Last edited by Fastcar; 06-22-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added stuff

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

www.f-body.org/gears

That is the best bet to get an idea of what the differences are in speedometer readings.
    Find someone that has tuning software to put in the new gear ratio and it will be accurate again. Shouldn't cost much as it is a very easy change.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Did not opt for the drain plug here. Or the extra fill plug. Either way, Its a PITA to put oil in. If I change the fluid before the center section comes out, I will use my oil sampling vaccum and get 3/4 of the oil out. They do nickle and dime you, and thats how they make money

Although, they did recently start including LCA relocation brackets included, instead of paying an extra 100 bucks for just a different bracket welded on.

Thread Information