New clutch needed

This is a discussion on New clutch needed within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I am going to need to replace my clutch, when the weather gets better up here, so my question is ...

Pewter
    1999 Chevrolet camaro SS

New clutch needed

I am going to need to replace my clutch, when the weather gets better up here, so my question is what do I need to get? Where
    I get my work done will let me get my own parts. So would should I get. I know the clutch pressure plate, and flywheel, but should I get a new throw out bearing as well? Any help would be appreciated. The car is a 99 SS, with 78,000 miles. I would like it done right. Thanks

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The first thing you need to decide on is which clutch you're getting and would suit your needs best.

What is done to the car performance wise? Anything? If not, any future plans to do so? If yes, what all is done to it?

Pewter
    1999 Chevrolet camaro SS

My car is bascially stock, except for exhaust and intake. I really dont think I will be doing anything more.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Ls7 clutch?

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

black
    firebird formula 99

I did the monster stage 2 clutch kit It came with the slave and a flywheel for 750

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

I would go with the LS7 clutch kit. It is a vast improvement over the OEM one and will not break the bank. It is very firm and can handle mos that take you to the 500 ft lbs of torque. Much more then what your current plans are capable of producing. I am also running it and have had no complaints what so ever.

While there I would also suggest a new slave. Might as well spend the money now vs. later. The OEM stock slave is very good.

I got my LS7 Clutch Kit from KYSpeed for $500 about 2.5 yrs ago.

The OEM slave and Master I ordered from GMPartsDirect.com

In regards to the master, I've done the stock one but I believe I'm going to upgrade to a Tick Performance one later on. It will be better suited for the mods I have planned out.

This one is an extra. Tick also sells what they call a speed bleeder. It connects to the slave and you route it up along next to the hydraulic clutch line that connects the master to the slave. basically it takes a 3 person job into a 1 person job. Cost about $49 and if you have ever bleed our system before you know how much a PITA it is.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

with the LS7 clutch kit, that has the LS2 flywheel correct? Would the slave be the factory replacement (LS1) or would we need one for an LS2 or7?

Thread Information