Thread: Need Help?

Black
    1999 Pontiac Transam

Need Help?

I have a stock ls1 with an upgraded STS Kit w/drag radials. I just purchased the SPEC stage 3+ kit with the steel fly wheel and aluminium preasure plate. I am upgrading the turbo to a T70 and putting in a 383 stroker sleeved that will hold up to 20psi of boost. The question is how much HP and TQ will the stock transmission hold as well as the stock rear end? I know I am going to explode them so which rear end and transmission should I go with?
    Thank you
    Last edited by transam346; 02-09-2006 at 09:14 AM.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Transam

Anybody Have Any suggestions

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

The only problem with the tranny that you are going to have at first will be teh 3/4 shift fork. Have a good tranny shop go in a upgrade everything in it. My buddy had his done for about $1200. The rear will explode. I would put a rear in it first thing. Either a Moser, Strange, or a 9in Ford.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Transam

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    The only problem with the tranny that you are going to have at first will be teh 3/4 shift fork. Have a good tranny shop go in a upgrade everything in it. My buddy had his done for about $1200. The rear will explode. I would put a rear in it first thing. Either a Moser, Strange, or a 9in Ford.
    Which motor would you go with 383, 402, or 427 to atain the most hp for your buck remeber I am getting ready to upgrade my sts turbo kit to a t76
    thank you

Thread Information