Black
    2000 Z28

M6 tranny and diff oil change.

Can anyone guide me to a good location that has instructions on how to perform this task? I've never changed my oil in my tranny and diff...I figured...7 years...its about time.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Camaro Z28/SS...40+ years of mustang humiliation.
    View my garage: http://www.fquick.com/Y2KBlackZ28

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

First thing you need to do is go to the local auto parts store and buy this little red fluid transfer pump. K mart/Sears has em too. Costs like $11 I believe. You'll use it on the tranny and diff. Tranny's pretty straight forward. It has a drain plug on the pass side. Drain it like you would the oil on the engine. Get a little tube of threadlocker with teflon (again, available any autoparts store) and apply alittle around the drain plug when you reinstall it. Fill plug is on the drivers side. Jack up the car and remove the plug and insert the long hose from the fluid pump into the tranny. Let the car back down on the ground and start pumping your tranny fluid in there. Should take just under 4 quarts to fill. When you start to see fluid backing out of the fill hole and making a mess on your garage floor it's done. jack back up and install fill plug with the threadlocker w/teflon on it.
    For the differentail you need to unbolt the cover on the housing to drain it. I would get an aftermarket cover like the TA girdle to use after as they have drain plugs built into them and just look plain cool. Spray the inside of the diff with some brake cleaner. I dont use a gasket for reinstalling the cover I use black silicone gasket maker and just run a bead of it around the housing. Never leaked on me yet. I dont have the torque specs handy for the stock cover or the TA girdle (you'll need torque specs for the bearing cap supports too for that). Fill plug is on the pass side of the housing. Again use the hose from the fluid pump and fill till fluid backs out. Should be just less than two quarts. Use the teflon threadlocker on the fill plug. Hope this helps. Bill

In a pinch I have used a turkey baster.
    99 Z28
    U.S. NAVY
    P-3 ORION
    FLIGHT ENGINEER
    ***IBNFE***
    FLY NAVY

Thread Information