Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How to strengthen my rearend

This is a discussion on How to strengthen my rearend within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Hi-Po Dude, you are so far off in the deep end its crazy. First of all, get ...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Dude, you are so far off in the deep end its crazy. First of all, get that non sense out of your head that a WS6 is any better than a regualr TA. Or a SS is better than a Z28. Thats dumb. Learn yourself, you make yourself look plain ole dumb.

and the exhaust was very restrictive, and the header and catless y-pipe was as much a benefit as a 224/224 cam install on the 01-02 year WS6

Are you kidding?

Your buddies dad sounds like a complete idiot, or he is filling you full of BS because he thinks its funny you believe this shit.

the best motor was 01-02 WS6,SS, or Z06 the Z06

Jesus, stop with this crap. Difference between the years are minimal. Sure, LS6 intake and rod bolts in 98's are known issues. But a 2001 Z28 is just as good an engine as a 2001 SS. Its a damn body package. Again, Learn yourself. I always read you posting this crap about how much better SS and WS6's are then regular Z28's and TA/firebirds. Your a retard.

Good luck on gaining a full second with the addition of LT, y-pipe, tranny work and NO CATS!!!!

Ok Hi-Po, now tell him how you really feel

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Dude, you are so far off in the deep end its crazy. First of all, get that non sense out of your head that a WS6 is any better than a regualr TA. Or a SS is better than a Z28. Thats dumb. Learn yourself, you make yourself look plain ole dumb.

and the exhaust was very restrictive, and the header and catless y-pipe was as much a benefit as a 224/224 cam install on the 01-02 year WS6

Are you kidding?

Your buddies dad sounds like a complete idiot, or he is filling you full of BS because he thinks its funny you believe this shit.

Jesus, stop with this crap. Difference between the years are minimal. Sure, LS6 intake and rod bolts in 98's are known issues. But a 2001 Z28 is just as good an engine as a 2001 SS. Its a damn body package. Again, Learn yourself. I always read you posting this crap about how much better SS and WS6's are then regular Z28's and TA/firebirds. Your a retard.

Good luck on gaining a full second with the addition of LT, y-pipe, tranny work and NO CATS!!!!

The OP is obviously way mis-educated in the realm of F-Bodies....

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    I dont believe anyone online I just believe what I see, because I believe different areas show diff numbers, and I've been to 2 dyno shops, 1 in STL where I had my tranny built, and 1 around where I live its the only 2 in STL area and they show 15-20hp on taking cats out on average, 20 is prolly for modified engine, 15 prolly for LS1's with nothing done....cats do a lot of hp robbing...you guys have any idea about that?...these days cats are way less hp robbing than before but still back in the day they would rod 40hp!!!...come on get off my back guys, I run what I run, U can call me a liar if u want but watch me run at gateway international in STL, you can look at my car i'll be there every weekend running 11.90's with a stock looking engine but with an SLP lid and headers...still stock tips too, but I will have ET streets streets
    I will be there when u going

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post

I'll drive up to see 11.90's...... Name a date/ time.... Unless, of course, you are full of $hit...

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

my car does mid 12s until i get my parts on there i live 30 min from gateway lets run the crap out of them i dont care but have to install my 9 inch still my car dont move very well broke lol

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I never called you a liar. You are making more predictions than a weatherman though.
    lol....I just hope for good things, prolly less accurate than a weatherman even, but please let me dream...everyone is negative on here

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

my car does mid 12s until i get my parts on there i live 30 min from gateway lets run the crap out of them i dont care but have to install my 9 inch still my car dont move very well broke lol
    sounds great, I ran 13.08 with worn stock clutch and broke tranny, with only air lid,msd plug wires,hooker muffler no catback just muffler, im sure now that I had a viper tranny built,spec cluctch,LT headers and took cats off plus the tune im getting I will run better than 12.50...I have to beat my buddys 2001 Z06 it runs 12.45 and we have a $500 bet.....all the mods I did should net me around .8 tenths, I raced him on street already and got him a half car in every gear and ran a 99 WS6 with all my boltons and a 75 shot he admitted to using, he had me pull over to see what I had done, and seen I didnt have T/B,MAF,smooth air bellow nothing like that, I dont mess with the little things, I just do what im told by people like pat from performance parts plus or jim at turbo connections in Edwardsville, if ur from my area then you know who I get my advice from.....we can run em all day, im on street tires and have $500 worth of performance parts except the $3000 dollar tranny built...that was just parts and labor, I installed and took it out myself....What do you have?

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Im going to beat you bud....2000SS, u better have different intake,heads,cam

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

when does gateway open, I have to install my 160 thermo and take it to get tuned, then im making a street tire run, and after that I am going to look for some street slickers....I didnt spin at all b4 and now it spins when in 2nd gear going 30mph if I hit it, and in 3rd it still wheel hops, so I got the power its all about the 60ft now for me....Im a welder so I will make it work

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    Im going to beat you bud....2000SS, u better have different intake,heads,cam
    pretty much just have lid, ported throttle body, gm hotcam didnt put that in there orignal owner did, and had 4.10 but blew the 10 bolt up. That is why i am getting my 9 inch with 4.56, i dont even have headers on there and ran best of 12.6 header will be comeing soon and retune the car pretty light. hardtop car, crank windows, manual track seats no trac control all base model. and gateway test and tune night is on the 24 of march and midnight madness is the 27 my car will not be ready i usally go to midnight madness because i work nights

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    I'll drive up to see 11.90's...... Name a date/ time.... Unless, of course, you are full of $hit...
    im want to run 11.90's with just boltons and ET street tires SOMEDAY...I would love to put a cam in cause i love the sound of a cammed motor, but im trying something different because I've seen LS1's with untouched internal engine parts run in the 11's but they had built rearends with 4:10's and slicks and pulled their left wheel off the ground because they take off at 4000rpm or more....right now im wanting to run in the mid 12's 12.40-12.60...and im sure I have done enough work to knock atleast .5 second off.......racing is racing who knows it could run slower, I could spin really bad or something I dont know....but I will try....too many of you are negative on this site

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

pretty much just have lid, ported throttle body, gm hotcam didnt put that in there orignal owner did, and had 4.10 but blew the 10 bolt up. That is why i am getting my 9 inch with 4.56, i dont even have headers on there and ran best of 12.6 header will be comeing soon and retune the car pretty light. hardtop car, crank windows, manual track seats no trac control all base model. and gateway test and tune night is on the 24 of march and midnight madness is the 27 my car will not be ready i usally go to midnight madness because i work nights
    okay so atleast you can vouch for me, people on here dont think we can run 12's without cams and heads and everything else....why did your previous owner put a cam in and not headers?......thats a little backwards, them cars are so choked up from the stock manifolds....in 01 they put vette manifolds on an LS1 and it gave it 12RWHP over the stock LS1 manifolds...and headers gave the stock engine 25RWHP

pewter
    2001 Z28

Why would people think you cant run 12's without heads and a cam? Theres guys that do it all the time?

zmg00camaross, you dont by chance live out in Union do you? If not, you described a guy's car perfectly that i talked to at the QuikTrip out there other than i can't remember what year it was.

Rob

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

People run mid 12s all the time without a cam, its very common.

pewter
    2001 Z28

I talked to a guy with a SOM T/A that said he ran 11.9 or something stock cam then went 11.5 or .6 with a cam. I personally don't know how feasible that is just because i don't know these cars, still gathering knowledge, but i dont see why not with the right gear, suspension, etc. etc. He said he was n/a also.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by silversho89 View Post
    Why would people think you cant run 12's without heads and a cam? Theres guys that do it all the time?

zmg00camaross, you dont by chance live out in Union do you? If not, you described a guy's car perfectly that i talked to at the QuikTrip out there other than i can't remember what year it was.

Rob
    yes sir that would be me I didn't know any one was from union on here what up

pewter
    2001 Z28

Oh im not from Union. Im from Sullivan. My buddy and i were just on our way home from work that night. You gonna make it to the track anytime soon?

Rob

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

After all this reading, all I got to say is getcha01=fail.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by silversho89 View Post
    Oh im not from Union. Im from Sullivan. My buddy and i were just on our way home from work that night. You gonna make it to the track anytime soon?

Rob
    well after spending some tax return on my 9 inch housing will be at the track going to midnight madness Friday I work nights so that's the only time I can go to the track

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Are you kidding?

I was in some thread a while ago and told him the WS6/SS had no advantage and like a month or so later I get a PM from him arguing with me. It took me a few minutes to figure out what the heck it was all about. At one point he told me I was jealous cause I didn't have a real WS6. Pure comedy this guy is.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 03-25-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information