Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How much to rebuild a stock junkyard 10-bolt?

This is a discussion on How much to rebuild a stock junkyard 10-bolt? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Z28Thunder I would not pay over 350 for a used 10 bolt. If i could find one ...

02 WS6 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I would not pay over 350 for a used 10 bolt.
    If i could find one local with low miles and to my specs i'd pay $350 maybe $400.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Cutlass or someone else, can you explain what the picture is showing exactly? I've never seen this before and would like to add to my knowledge base
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    That is showing camber,caster and toe...
    Close. There is no caster angle in the rear.
    Honestly the picture was a little cryptic to at first. It'd be easier if it just said Camber, Toe, and Trust angle.

So at the very top it says "Rear meters." This means these measurements are for the rear tires.
    The top 2 half circles show the Camber measurement for the left and right tires. that looks ok.
    The next 2 show the Toe measurement for the left and right tires. The left is toed way in (should at zero). The right is toed out. and the total toe (.35*) showed in between the 2 shows that the axle housing is bent.
    The bottom 1 shows the Trust Angle which means the rear axle is angled out the right and trying to push the car to the right.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by elwood View Post
    If i could find one local with low miles and to my specs i'd pay $350 maybe $400.
    Yeah anything over 350 for a used rear even with low miles is to much. Have you checked on Tech.. I did a little looking over there. Found a Z28 being parted out but it is in Texas..

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Honestly the picture was a little cryptic to at first. It'd be easier if it just said Camber, Toe, and Trust angle.

So at the very top it says "Rear meters." This means these measurements are for the rear tires.
    The top 2 half circles show the Camber measurement for the left and right tires. that looks ok.
    The next 2 show the Toe measurement for the left and right tires. The left is toed way in (should at zero). The right is toed out. and the total toe (.35*) showed in between the 2 shows that the axle housing is bent.
    The bottom 1 shows the Trust Angle which means the rear axle is angled out the right and trying to push the car to the right.
    True I just made it simple...

02 WS6 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post

Yeah, the angle pushes the rear to the right causing the car to "pull" to the left.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I sold my 10 bolt with 3.42 gears that had 12K miles on it for $425

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information