Hard getiting into 3rd at Wot

This is a discussion on Hard getiting into 3rd at Wot within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; okay i have a 01 ws6 m6. i also have a pro 5.0 shifter in the car. sometimes when wot ...

skiatook oklahoma

01 trans am ws6

Hard getiting into 3rd at Wot

okay i have a 01 ws6 m6. i also have a pro 5.0 shifter in the car. sometimes when wot its hard to get into third like it gets stuck or something. i owned a 2000 ws6 m6 a few years back and it also did it time to time. shifting at normal rpms i dont have any problem. its only at wot. no grinding no pushing the gear out.. Just hard to get into 3rd while Wot sometimes. What could this be?

1998 Trans Am WS6

Well, naturally its going to be harder to get into gear under throttle, because everything has rotational intertia inside the transmission. So it should be harder to change gear at redline than it would be at idle. Thats a given.

However, if its noticeably harder than normal and actually difficult to engage the gear, you might want to check out your clutch. Often the hydraulics can't keep up and don't disengage the clutch completely, making for a very hard shift. When you are high in the RPM's under throttle, disengage the clutch, wait about 2 seconds, and then try shifting. If its easier, than the problem is most likely the hydraulics. I'd reccommend the drill mod to see if it fixes the problem.

Thread Information