Got the 9" all ready to go in.

This is a discussion on Got the 9" all ready to go in. within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well I finally got the 9" all painted and the third member in. Now I just need some lift time ...

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Thumbs up Got the 9" all ready to go in.

Well I finally got the 9" all painted and the third member in. Now I just need some lift time to get her in. Thought you all might like some pics.

Look at how fat those axles are. Big beefy bastards, I knew they were going to be beefy but when I opened the box I was impressed by the size and beauty.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Ya, its like going from a lollipop stick to a Louisville slugger. HUGE difference.

You'll love the piece of mind of dropping the clutch at 4000 rpm and not having to worry about anything. Hope you bought a new drive shaft to go with your new rear end. If not, Strange has a really nice Chromoly one with 1350 yokes and u-joints good for 1000 HP for $295 shipped. Cheap insurance.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

White
    2001 Z28

how much was it

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Ya, its like going from a lollipop stick to a Louisville slugger. HUGE difference.

You'll love the piece of mind of dropping the clutch at 4000 rpm and not having to worry about anything.
    Unfortunatley I can't drive, standards, I'm stuck with Automatics but having a pretty much bulletproof rearend gives me piece of mind. All of my muscle cars I've modded over the years I worked backward and ended up blowing up trannies, valve springs, rear ends, pistons and so on because I used to just want more power, power, power, now that I'm a bit older and understand that you need a solid foundation to build on, I think this car will be a winner.
    Hope you bought a new drive shaft to go with your new rear end. If not, Strange has a really nice Chromoly one with 1350 yokes and u-joints good for 1000 HP for $295 shipped. Cheap insurance.
    Haven't bought a driveshaft yet but that is next on the list. I just spent all my fun money on getting some 243's ported and polished. I'm waiting to get the flow specs back before I order a cam, but before I install the heads, cam and some other preventative maintenance items, I'm putting in a new driveshaft. Sounds like a good deal from Strange though and I like their products

Quote Originally Posted by victor111262 View Post
    how much was it
    Mine was $2280 shipped but I upgraded to the Strange Nodular Iron S-Case, detroit locker and 35 spline Mosers, so it was a bit more expensive than their basic 500hp setup ($1950).

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

[QUOTE=driftpin;1897472]Unfortunatley I can't drive, standards, I'm stuck with Automatics but having a pretty much bulletproof rearend gives me piece of mind. All of my muscle cars I've modded over the years I worked backward and ended up blowing up trannies, valve springs, rear ends, pistons and so on because I used to just want more power, power, power, now that I'm a bit older and understand that you need a solid foundation to build on, I think this car will be a winner. QUOTE]

I have always done my drive train first then did everything else. Unfortunately, My weakest link of my whole car right now is my stock 6 speed. But with only 410 rwhp at the moment, I think I will be fine for now until I add a Pro charger later down the road.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

You'll love the piece of mind of dropping the clutch at 4000 rpm and not having to worry about anything. Hope you bought a new drive shaft to go with your new rear end. If not, Strange has a really nice Chromoly one with 1350 yokes and u-joints good for 1000 HP for $295 shipped. Cheap insurance.
    Hey Jay... not to thread jack, but.......

Did you have any issues with exhaust/driveshaft clearance? Also, torque arm... requires a little hammering of the floor board does it?

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Hey Jay... not to thread jack, but.......

Did you have any issues with exhaust/driveshaft clearance? Also, torque arm... requires a little hammering of the floor board does it?
    Yes!! you need to use an air hammer and "Massage" the floorboard a little where the torque arm mount mounts. If you don't, you will get vibration and clunking sounds. as far as the exhaust and drive line, no issues with my set up. I have a Borla Adjustable.

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Yes!! you need to use an air hammer and "Massage" the floorboard a little where the torque arm mount mounts. If you don't, you will get vibration and clunking sounds. as far as the exhaust and drive line, no issues with my set up. I have a Borla Adjustable.
    Massage LOL

Like thee massaging you have to do to fit 315's in the back.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Thats a good deal. where did you order it from?

Arctic White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Thats a good deal. where did you order it from?
    Quick Performance Racing 641-751-8060 (Brydon Papenberg)

Thread Information