Red
    2000 WS6

Getting new 4.10s

i was wondering how much the stock rear will take before it breaks i have longtubes on the way with y-pipe 4.10s new intake and a cam. The car is a 6 speed i don't want to break these i thought about getting some drag radials but don't know if it will take the launch. just wondering if any one had any advise.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I think the stock rear with 4.10's could take the mods you've listed without breaking, but DR's are out of the question.

A few dragstrip launches with DR's and your mods will most likely put a quick end to that rear

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by drhoades3862 View Post
    i was wondering how much the stock rear will take before it breaks i have longtubes on the way with y-pipe 4.10s new intake and a cam. The car is a 6 speed i don't want to break these i thought about getting some drag radials but don't know if it will take the launch. just wondering if any one had any advise.
    I think a lot of it depends on how much HP & Torque you're putting down and a whole bunch of luck. I guess I should add how you drive it too. If you're planning on side stepping the clutch at five grand I'd get a hi-po rear end right off the bat with heavy duty output shafts.
    I have run a 'stock' rear end (out of a six speed) for about three years and it's still working fine despite running drag radials at the strip BUT I have a 4L60E and the drive train gets torqued up before I leave the line. It doesn't get the shock of dropping a clutch. Your car is basically stock and as such I would expect everything to hold together, but I don't know how many miles you have on your rear end or what shape it's in so it's really impossible to say how long anything is going to last.
    Michael
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

Red
    2000 WS6

I think a lot of it depends on how much HP & Torque you're putting down and a whole b

the car has had a pretty easy life and i never dump the clutch off the line i ease it out.

Thread Information