Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up G-Men Executioner 4L60E

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a new tranny, and this guy is in my neighborhood. Would you mind taking a look at the Executioner 4L60E for me and giving me some input? I've got 357rwhp from the following

'98 camaro z28 auto tranny

Comp 224-581 cam and valve train upgrade
    Carbon fiber Lid & KN air filter
    Ram Air mod
    Ported oem Intake manifold
    Ported throttle body
    MAF Descreened
    MSD wires
    Max energy programmer
    Edlebrock shorty headers
    True Dual exhaust w/ magnaflows and H-pipe
    EGR Bypass

I'm also lowered. Thus I believe I will need a B&M tranny cooler to compensate for the short pan needed to prevent bottoming out. I think thats why my tranny is bad right now! Too hot!

I'm considering the Executioner 4L60E from G-Men Transmissions of New Port Richey, FL.

Here is the link to their website
    http://www.gmentransmission.com/products.html

Introduction by the owner

Here is the video of how they build the 700r4

Customers Rides

Thanks for the input, much appreciation and respect!

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

I got a quote, 1800 dollars installed with BM tranny cooler, and 3400 stall checked out and possibly more than 1800 if i need a new one. I'm looking forward to the swap.
    Last edited by eautocad; 11-11-2007 at 02:30 PM.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

I'm surprised that no one has heard of them. I would expect at least one reply! I'm excited to see what their transmission performs as compared to oem 4l60e. I want to leave tracks when i switch gears from 1st to second! I want a transmission that can take up to 1000 hp but still drivable. Is this possible>?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has heard of them. I would expect at least one reply! I'm excited to see what their transmission performs as compared to oem 4l60e. I want to leave tracks when i switch gears from 1st to second! I want a transmission that can take up to 1000 hp but still drivable. Is this possible>?
    I would say it's not possible. Shops that rebuild em will tell theirs will but I've got quite a few friends runnin 9-10 seconds and they all use th400s or the 4L80. No 4L60 will stand up to big abuse.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I would say it's not possible. Shops that rebuild em will tell theirs will but I've got quite a few friends runnin 9-10 seconds and they all use th400s or the 4L80. No 4L60 will stand up to big abuse.
    I have a season of low to mid 11 sec passes on the one that I rebuilt last winter(not stock). It didn't miss a beat. Next season will be the test as I should be well into the 10 sec zone.

black
    1998 Formula Firebird

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    I have a season of low to mid 11 sec passes on the one that I rebuilt last winter(not stock). It didn't miss a beat. Next season will be the test as I should be well into the 10 sec zone.
    Good luck.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

550 is alot more believable than a couple of the other sites claiming total survivability behind 700 lb ft! 357 is manageable though, you get the 500+ sorry I wouldn't trust a 4L60 if God himself built it. Too many weaknesses. Check the tq ratings on them not the HP its the torque that kills em.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

4L60E 700R4 G-Men Transmissions

Well my car's 4l60e transmission just crapped out, I can finally get a executioner now. The car died today, and I called a tow truck and talked to the kind folks at G-men Transmissions, they set everything up and they even accepted the car on a saturday!

I'm excited to see what happens next! I wonder what my car will be like with a performance 4l60e transmission as opposed to oem with a 3400 stall.
    Last edited by eautocad; 02-12-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by turbocreeper View Post
    +1

I have never dealt with a company with such good customer service. I had questions during my install among other things and I have always gotten a rapid response. I have even been able to get ahold of them at times when no other business would dream of being open. They stand by their product.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    Well my car's transmission just crapped out, I can finally get a executioner now. The car died today, and I called a tow truck and talked to the kind folks at G-men, they set everything up and they even accepted the car on a saturday!

I'm excited to see what happens next! I wonder what my car will be like with a performance transmission as opposed to oem with a 3400 stall.
    you dont have a cooler and your not running a cooler? thats why...you probbally fried the hell out of your tranny without a cooler.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Nope, just the stock cooler. I didn't bother putting a cooler on it because it already had over 10k miles on it w/o one... I figured the damage was bad enough just let it kill itself.

How much power loss was I getting? Since I bought the car the trans has been bad, it started out slipping out of second gear from time to time, and then it would slip out of gear at WOT while in between gears...

I don't know why there was a stall installed w/o a tranny cooler...

My next question is, what kind of difference will I feel after this new one is installed by G-Men Transmissions? Will I get more hp to the wheels? Will there be less loss? I've heard that with one of these 4L60E transmissions it makes the car perform a lot better...

Also what kind of transmission cooler should I get? If my stall converter is fried, what kind of stall should I get?

Let me describe in detail what happened when the car died...

I was driving down the road, and there was this van on my ass. I gave it some gas, not enough to create blistering hell, but enough to slowly pull away. It shifted down into third, everything seemed fine. As the rpms rose, I felt this loose feeling like it had slipped into neutral around 3500 rps.. Coincidentally my stall is 3400 rpms... HMMM

The motor was running fine, and there was no major leaks. I stopped in the median, put it in park, and turned the car off.. Started it again and still the same, dead in all gears. It's like the shifting mechanism was disconnected, there wasn't even the normal anti-force that I usually experienced when selecting the drive gear.

Maybe my transmission is fried, maybe not.. I don't know. I don't really care. I want a new one b/c the one in the car now is a rebuilt of the original, so it's been fried TWICE. I don't know what kind of rebuild they did before, but apparently it wasn't enough.

So here I sit, super bowl sunday w/o my z28 to raise hell during half time.

I hope G-Men Transmissions can save the day!
    Last edited by eautocad; 02-12-2008 at 05:39 PM.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you dont have a cooler and your not running a cooler? thats why...you probbally fried the hell out of your tranny without a cooler.
    Yes you might be right. Before it died i spent about an hour in stop and go traffic on US 19 down the florida gulf coast in between tampa and new port richey... If you know that area you'll understand the hell cars go through on that road. I didn't notice any gauges or anything heating up, but I dont have a tranny temp gauge... Maybe I should invest in one of those as well.
    Last edited by eautocad; 02-12-2008 at 05:32 PM.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Since I have no calamari to drive, I've watched all the videos and reviewed the G-Men Transmissions website. I am very excited to see what my car drives like.

Check out their site here: http://www.gmentransmission.com/
    Last edited by eautocad; 02-12-2008 at 05:38 PM.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

I went by the G-Men transmission 4l60e and 700r4 shop yesterday and took a look around their shop. It's an amazing place and the people there are very nice. During my stay, they even gave me some free pizza that they ordered during their lunch.

My car still wasn't done, but I got a good look at the 4l60e transmission as they were working on it. They showed me what was broken, what they were going to replace, and even showed me previews of the DVD that I would be receiving. The service and customer care from G-Men Transmissions is very good from what I've seen so far. Right from the beginning they were very helpful, by giving directions to the tow truck company. After that, they promptly assessed the 4l60e transmission, and within 48 hours G-Men Transmissions let me know what was wrong with it, how much it would be to repair it.

During the entire processes they were very kind. I surely didn't expect free pizza from G-Men Transmissions! I don't know when I'll get my car back, but I am very excited to see it. I'll be sure to post videos and pictures here of the before and after results! The video is going to be kick ass, I'll be sure to let the car community see it. From what G-Men Transmissions told me yesterday, this 4l60e transmission is built for drag strip and racing use, with quicker shift times, firmer shifts, and stronger internal parts. Sounds good right?

With that new 4l60e tranny, competition can eat my dust.

LOL
    Last edited by eautocad; 02-12-2008 at 05:37 PM.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Anyone else use G-Men Transmission for 4L60E and 700R4 transmissions?

I am still yet to get my car back, I know how excited all of you are to see and hear the results of my car being at G-Men Transmissions. I'm very anxious for my first ride!

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Almost time to drive the camaro!

It's almost done... tick tock tick tock I can't wait i thought I would fill everyone in.....

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

So what happen - ??????

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Sorry for the late post I have been really busy with my business... But the transmission is in and has been in for sometime. My experience with this company is very good. I'm very impressed with the customer service, the quality of the craftsmanship, and of course the results of having a beefed up tranny vs. the oem...

I immediately noticed gains compared to what I used to have. The car puts more power to the wheels now, I feel like there is less loss because the car is much more responsive.

For instance, I was passing a car the other day. I let the rpm's run up to about 3,000 in 2nd gear, and then I goosed it to the floor with ASR on. My buddy was watching the side view mirror and noticed the car leaving behind rubber like rail road tracks despite the ASR being engaged (no asr would have put us in the salt marsh). 3,000 rpm in 2nd gear is about 50 mph; the car never broke loose but it did leave some stains on the road and then the ASR light came on Seeing that light told me I broke my tires loose at 50 MPH!!!! Easy feat for stock but not with new C6 rims and Eagle F1 Supercar EMT Runflats with excellent tread on a hot sunny spring day in Florida.

Another instance, I drove the car on a airstrip to see what it had. At the top of third, it still kicked itself into gear and jumped ahead... Top of third is about 145 mph so a kick like that at this speed is UNREAL. After it shifted into 4th, I turned pink and let off the throttle.... 145 is fast enough with t-tops out going down an airstrip

This thing will lay rubber like a corner whore if you mash the gas down with no ASR at stand still.. Standing almost still at through first and second, with a slow traction grab - sideways launch until it hooks up around 55-60 mph.... My in between shift time is almost gone, the rpm's don't fall into the next gear, the needle is MOVING fast between gears when the rpm's drop... There's also no feel of power loss as you move through the rpm band; it feels like the power is always there. My gas mileage is about the same as long as I keep my foot out of the accelerator (hard to do now)

This car is much better to drive now. The transmission is strong enough to be raced, but is still civilized enough to be driving in traffic. Spring break traffic none the less I can drive this car down the 1/4 mile in under 12 seconds; or I can go sit in SB traffic and wait to get on an island for 2 hours...

I will post some video's of me red-assing with it soon, but I'm kinda busy with my consultancy/websites so give me a week or two..

Summary: I will pay anyone $100 that can find a better bang for your buck (not really but you get my point). This z28 is now a BEAST because the trans doesn't loose a bunch of power. It was cheap too! Under $2,000 for a completely new transmission, installed. I even got a video of the trans being built, and my name "Mike B" stamped into the trans case so I know the parts are in it. It's painted a chameleon color that is beautiful, and you can see if if you get under the car... The people at G-Men are great, they were very helpful and always available to be contacted. They even gave me a special spot on their website with my car on it! How cool is that! They also washed my car before they gave it back to me, and they kept it inside while it was there.. They really know how to treat a car right!

http://www.gmentransmission.com/testimonials.html Look for 1998 z28 at the bottom

Rob, the gentleman that I spoke with during my time at G-Men is a graphic designer; he even went the extra mile to make a poster for my daughter that loves the movie "Cars"... He made my car into a "Lightening Berenis" just for my 4 yr old daughter... Now that is customer service!

Greg "G-Man", is the outstanding fellow that put my transmission together. He's from the land of big & small blocks-good ol' detroit muscle type of fellow-someone you'd be proud to say built your transmission- Battle creek or Grand rapids I can't remember exactly... I was kind of leary at first letting someone from "florida" put a transmission together, but once I found out where the trans builder was from and that he moved to florida recently I was completely assured I was getting quality service.

I give the entire experience, results, and performance my highest recommendation.. G-Men transmission is ran by honest, hard working professionals that will give you the best products at a reasonable price. This is not a place that is going to rip you off. You get a unlimited mileage 1 year warranty with your trans! Can't beat it...
    Last edited by eautocad; 03-17-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

WOW - Great write up.

Thread Information