front end problem

This is a discussion on front end problem within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; The passenger side of my car is about 1 to 11/2 inches lower than the drivers side. I thought it ...

front end problem

The passenger side of my car is about 1 to 11/2 inches lower than the drivers side. I thought it was just a bad spring so I replaced them with eibachs and I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

near St. Louis

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

where you measuring at?the rocker panels?front -rear-in other words,is the car leaning over on the whole side or just the front.If it's just the front it could be an alighnment issue-camber affects ride height. measure the lower control arm at the inner pivot points and then at the balljoint-they should be very close from one side to the other-it's kinda hard to do this with the car sitting on the ground but an alignment rack would be easier.The control arms would have different angles side to side if it were a spring issue.Have a good alignment guy look at it and tell him what you are concerned with-he should have ride height specs to work off of-did you change struts at the same time?If one strut were blown out it could let the car sit lower.I did alignments for alot of years-may have other ideas depending on the answers you give.

I just measured from the fender well to the top of the tire. Its only leaning in the front, and I didnt replace the struts, just the shocks. I think I will just take it to an alignment guy and have them check it out. Thanks for the help

Thread Information