Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Drivetrain Angles - Pinion, TQ Arm, Trans, Help

This is a discussion on Drivetrain Angles - Pinion, TQ Arm, Trans, Help within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Yes, the Tq arm relocation has probably 6-8 different postions for it to connect the tq arm bushing to. I ...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Yes, the Tq arm relocation has probably 6-8 different postions for it to connect the tq arm bushing to. I have it mounted in the same place my 12 bolt was. I didnt get anything accomplished today... had zero ambition to do anything. I did measure a few things.

Balancer was angled back towards the rear of the car I think 4*. I have probably 125 pounds in the drivers seat. It seems my driveshaft and the pinion are canceling each other out. -4 + (+4). Get it handled tomorrow.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i would believe that the geometry is different between your 12 bolt and your 9" ..well good luck tomorrow

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Alright, Now I have the rear end at -8 and th driveshaft at +6. It seems this rear end is poking down alot! I guess im comparing it to when my rear was at 0*

This has to be right? I have measured many times.

At some point the rear end pinion angle is going to keep decreasing and the driveshaft is going to stop increasing, correct?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I think we gotta forget about the + / - factor a minute... Lets just use the term up or down... I'm guessing that your drive shaft now is 6 down & the pinion is 8 down. I'm coming up with 14* down. Bring it back up until you get your 2* down.
    I guess I'm reading it different than others, but your jumping from each side of the zero and assuming the one is + ... I think you just want to count the lines total / down...
    Just got it confirmed, + is up & - is down...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thanks Bill, the talk was very helpful! Track tomorrow if the test drive goes good, and then hopefully I can finally use these MT and 9"!

Thanks again

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Alright, Now I have the rear end at -8 and th driveshaft at +6. It seems this rear end is poking down alot! I guess im comparing it to when my rear was at 0*

This has to be right? I have measured many times.

At some point the rear end pinion angle is going to keep decreasing and the driveshaft is going to stop increasing, correct?
    That is correct. You rearend now has -2 pinion angle,,,it's down 2 degrees more than the driveshaft is,,,"up"

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alright i just got a New UMI Adj TA and got the Angle finder with it. Need alittle help with finding angle. i just having a hard time reading the reader. I have no idea where it at right now. I havnt driven over 20mph so i dont know if its making noise ywt. Gonna play with the angle tomorrow. NEed some advise on a STOCK rearend and how to do it. I guess you gotta do it with the suspenstion loaded. WE have a drive on lift so that now that big of a deal. RIght now i think my Pinion is at 0 and my DS is at 8. Guessing that -8. DOnt know. HELP!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information