Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Driveshalft

This is a discussion on Driveshalft within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS I was in awe when I saw how such little amount of heat could throw a ...

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I was in awe when I saw how such little amount of heat could throw a driveshaft out of balance as well. Had a local driveline shop show me in their shop when he was measuring the run-out on the one he was custom making for me.
    Yep, I was told the same thing by this shop as to the reason why the brand new shaft I had was slightly bent, warped, or what ever you want to call it.
    What bothers me is I would have never caught it if I hadn't taken the shaft in. The fact that it was too long saved my butt. An out of round shaft at high speeds becomes a reciprocating sledge hammer and would have torn right through the floor of a fiberglass vette.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Bashing is not what happened, and apparently you didn't read everything in the thread and only concentrated on certain people saving face, I was the only one in the industry to point out the problem, the rest stand, stood by selling garbage, unfortunately you missed that issue.

At the end of the day you were warned, if you decide not to take FACTs for good advice then so be it, a copied part being made incorrectly can kill you, at best it'll only cost you a few thousand as was the result of many in those threads.

I stood out and let the members KNOW as per FACT and 100% truth what they were buying and why it was breaking behind stock and slightly modified cars, another pissed off member pointed out he was told "it will handle 1000hp" and they brought out a lot more issues of failures and people being sent the same replacement part that are the problem , i hope you have the same attitude when it all goes wrong, you can say you were only the 1 of 1000 and thats a ok percentage to deal with, and that number is according to you, not to the majority and not to us in this industry it is beyond 1 in 1000.

All anyone in my industry has to do is stop using china garbage and not put people in harms way for a $1, its a very simple change and prices aren't going to be effected at all...

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

What bothers me is I would have never caught it if I hadn't taken the shaft in. The fact that it was too long saved my butt. An out of round shaft at high speeds becomes a reciprocating sledge hammer and would have torn right through the floor of a fiberglass vette.

They'll cut up a steel car depending when they break, there is a girl that is lucky to be alive all by a driveshaft that was off on the parameters it was seeing, tore the loops out, cut thru the floor half the cage, her helmet, ribs, legs, shoulder, entire arm she is lucky to be alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Supershafts View Post
    They'll cut up a steel car depending when they break, there is a girl that is lucky to be alive all by a driveshaft that was off on the parameters it was seeing, tore the loops out, cut thru the floor half the cage, her helmet, ribs, legs, shoulder, entire arm she is lucky to be alive...
    Yeah I've had them blow in a steel car, Just pointing out how much more fragile this car is as if to say this issue is even more critical.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yeah I've had them blow in a steel car, Just pointing out how much more fragile this car is as if to say this issue is even more critical.
    I agree, exactly when a shaft breaks or a part of it fails can be the difference between a couple thousand, or tens of with a hospital stay. . . or worse

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Supershafts View Post
    Bashing is not what happened, and apparently you didn't read everything in the thread and only concentrated on certain people saving face, I was the only one in the industry to point out the problem, the rest stand, stood by selling garbage, unfortunately you missed that issue.

At the end of the day you were warned, if you decide not to take FACTs for good advice then so be it, a copied part being made incorrectly can kill you, at best it'll only cost you a few thousand as was the result of many in those threads.

I stood out and let the members KNOW as per FACT and 100% truth what they were buying and why it was breaking behind stock and slightly modified cars, another pissed off member pointed out he was told "it will handle 1000hp" and they brought out a lot more issues of failures and people being sent the same replacement part that are the problem , i hope you have the same attitude when it all goes wrong, you can say you were only the 1 of 1000 and thats a ok percentage to deal with, and that number is according to you, not to the majority and not to us in this industry it is beyond 1 in 1000.

All anyone in my industry has to do is stop using china garbage and not put people in harms way for a $1, its a very simple change and prices aren't going to be effected at all...
    Not stirring the pot, but you have not proven any facts in this thread at all. All you have provided is your statements.

Provide evidence of your claims. Can you?

I've asked this twice now and you still have not done that. All you keep doing is bad-mouthing a competitor of yours without any hard evidence.

Link us to this information. Link us to the threads. Show some documentation of your claims.

I am not calling you a liar, but just throwing out sentences and paragraphs of nothing but animosity is not giving you any more credit in your claims.

1971, 73,78, 85,92,95,

Im not saying you're stirring the pot, but they are not a competitor of mine.. I did gave you what to look for, the evidence is all over that thread, pics and everything and plenty of my explanations of why, unless it was removed, but someone here seems to have found atleast one of those threads, and there were quite a few over there and multiple members with the same problem.

If you feel comfortable having a part that can and DOES fail at stock power levels and like gambling and paying a US price for it, then by all means never bring up to whomever you go to about using specific parts.

I am not here for making up stories, i come to many forums to make people aware of issues and misinformation for 2 reasons, it may help me later in not having to deal with this nonsense at my shop when someone walks in, and it makes you aware of what is right, now what you do with it is up to you.

I am not anonymous, i have had a few companies call me from threads just like this one and thank me for bringing this out to the open and saying something about the issues, while taking bs from salesman defending nonsense that don't make anything and have no clue what they're defending.

When you think companies aren't reading some of these forums they do, and they read them to see what interests are there and what others are looking for, and i do not want to deal with junk and have to spend more time machining other idiots poor quality because they read on forums all anyone is interested in is PRICE, not quality

I used to take pics and show them, then stupidity hit with claims of photo shopped so what do you do....
    I warned and someone WILL make me right, it has happened before and will continue.

The joint caps fracture on assembly if they're hit a bit to hard, the weld yoke machining are all over the place, the stuff is junk, but if you can get them at $2 and $20 vs $30 and $100's for a US version.... and still charge the same price... Then thats the only reason they continue to use them.

The end consumer see's " I broke the yoke or shaft, i called the company sent me a new yoke, nice service they sent it out that day" That the end consumer thinks is good...

If i have any laying around i'll put up some pics or when i get the next piece ill put it right in this thread.

[[/I]
    Last edited by Supershafts; 05-20-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information