Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Drive Shaft Safety Loop

I am looking for input from people who have the PST Drive Shaft and aftermarket torque arms.

I currently have the BMR Trak Pak and the PST aluminum drive shaft (3.5" diameter).

I've looked at the BMR piece (#BMR DSL001), and it states it does not work with the BMR Trak Pak. I was also informed it cleared the PST DS, but needed to be modified to fit with the TA I have.

Does anyone know which drive shaft safety loop will work with my set-up?

I would prefer to buy a unit that bolts right in without any hacking if possible.

Thanks,
    Jon

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Hey man, I've got the same exact set-up as you. I would try maybe lakewood and see what they have to say. Good luck.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Awesome, thanks for the response. I'll check it out.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Am I missing something or did you just talk to yourself?

I forgot to install my BMR DS saftey loop when I installed my 9" and PST. Finished the job and there it sat at my feet

The lakewood is nice because you dont have to remove the DS to install/remove. Give them a call. You planning on running slicks this year Jon?
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Hey Ron. If I can possibly find a set of used ones already mounted for cheap than yes It's probably the only way I'll dip into the 12's

Before I go that route though I plan on running quite a few times with the Nitto's just to see what I can get the car to.

As of right now, just trying to get a few odd and end cheaper pieces before spring/summer hits.

Did you end up ordering the SLP Line Lock from Mark? Any ideas for me where to mount the release button at? I don't want to drill a hole anywhere in the console. I was thinking maybe inside the ashtray. Haven't really searched to see where other people are mounting them at.

PS - No...I was not talking to myself. That reminds me, need to go take my pills...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Hey Ron. If I can possibly find a set of used ones already mounted for cheap than yes It's probably the only way I'll dip into the 12's

Before I go that route though I plan on running quite a few times with the Nitto's just to see what I can get the car to.

As of right now, just trying to get a few odd and end cheaper pieces before spring/summer hits.

Did you end up ordering the SLP Line Lock from Mark? Any ideas for me where to mount the release button at? I don't want to drill a hole anywhere in the console. I was thinking maybe inside the ashtray. Haven't really searched to see where other people are mounting them at.

PS - No...I was not talking to myself. That reminds me, need to go take my pills...
    Then the little voices say, "WE don't need no stinking pills".. Win you gonna git sum powa addas' for dem moterz? I think it needs a blower Jon..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

No, I didn't order it. I stand the best chance of getting that job this month, been waiting for March Since January. If I get it, I will be hundreds of miles away from my car for extended periods of time. Going to hold of on ordering anymore stuff.

Plenty of people have installed switch's in the ashtray. I found that its very shallow underneath the ash tray and did not mount any switch's there.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am not at all familiar with the BMR Trak Pak -- I have clearance issues with my UMI tunnel mount, which includes a d/s loop, and my PST. As it is, I can not use the top hole in the tunnel mount bracket where the torque arm attaches, so some sort of modification will be in the works.

I also need to figure out where to mount my cutout and line lock switches. Hacking up the interior is out of the question. Let me know what you do as I need to figure this out soon.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Then the little voices say, "WE don't need no stinking pills".. Win you gonna git sum powa addas' for dem moterz? I think it needs a blower Jon..
    Yeah I know Steven....

Looking like next spring assuming work continues to go well for me. It's a big investment, but I've taken every precaution I can to be able to handle the power so it's the next big step.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Once I get the kit and take some measurements, I'll let you know what I decide on the mount of the release button for the line lock. I'm really hoping to put it in the ashtray though as it will be out of the way and hidden.

PS Ron - I hope that job pans out for you. It sounds like a good opportunity.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Yeah I know Steven....

Looking like next spring assuming work continues to go well for me. It's a big investment, but I've taken every precaution I can to be able to handle the power so it's the next big step.
    Yeah I gotcha, I was just poken ya..

Thread Information