Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Differentials

This is a discussion on Differentials within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Many thanks to all of you. So, it's back to my "man-cave", sitting next to the camaro with manuals and ...

2001 CAMARO SS / Black
    2009 COLORADO V8/dk gray

Many thanks to all of you. So, it's back to my "man-cave", sitting next to the camaro with manuals and catalogs in hand..I'LL BE BAACK!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Take a look at my signature. All I need for the rear is the sway bar and my rear is pretty much done. At a minimum I'd recommend SFC's (1st always*), LCA's and Torque Arm that is relocated off the tail of the tranny. The PHB is nice to have to. Mine is all adjustable because I'm lowered. You need to research a little and don't be afraid to call the vendor and ask questions like clearence for aftermarket exhaust. There's only some much space under there and it gets tight quickly. I can only speak from my experience with UMI. Yes a site sponsor but more importantly they take the time to answer and help their customers. The products are strong as hell and well worth the money. I've always had great support from them, because of that I plan on doing my whole car with their stuff.

he gets that every time he posts that pic..... usually from me It's not like he doesn't drive it. I've seen pics of him at the track and a video or two on the street.
    Ok looked at your sig.....and whats the deal with a ''TB bypass'' hows that done and why? and whats the deal on: Line lock?-clutch hose?.. Free air?...Thanks. .
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 08-16-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by cruzincamaro View Post
    Many thanks to all of you. So, it's back to my "man-cave", sitting next to the camaro with manuals and catalogs in hand..I'LL BE BAACK!!
    Best way to do it ! Take your time and plan carefully...that way NO REGRETS......Good Luck,,and when your done post.pics.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

he gets that every time he posts that pic..... usually from me It's not like he doesn't drive it. I've seen pics of him at the track and a video or two on the street.
    Jeffs got one of the cleanest rear-ends around........ ..that sounds soooooo wrong. The car the car!!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

[QUOTE=SMWS6TA;2797583] I can only speak from my experience with UMI. Yes a site sponsor but more importantly they take the time to answer and help their customers. The products are strong as hell and well worth the money. I've always had great support from them, because of that I plan on doing my whole car with their stuff.

...........and thats SO important too! as a customer i want to be able to ask for help and not be brushed off like im bothering them...after the companys got my cash!!..I like a company that is interested in me being satisfied and happy...a happy customer is a returning (repeat) customer!!.. The happier you are the more youll be likely to spend,a real sharp business will pride themselves on the customers satisfaction as priority ONE...and if a mistake is made making quick and fair decisions makes it all the better.UMI seems to have that reputation and thats ''key''.......

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Ok looked at your sig.....and whats the deal with a ''TB bypass'' hows that done and why? and whats the deal on: Line lock?-clutch hose?.. Free air?...Thanks. .

TB bypass is exactly that -- the stock coolant line from the engine runs to the throttle body and then to the radiator. It is designed to keep the throttle body from icing in cold damp conditions. Not necessary as most of our cars never see that kind of weather and the last thing you want to do is heat the incoming air charge. I'll be doing mine in the next few days... just something I never got around to.

Line lock -- great for burnouts and the track. No tearing up the rear brakes everytime you want to have fun. Push the brake pedal, flick the switch, release the pedal and the front calipers are "locked".

Free Air -- cut openings in the bottom air box to draw cool air up from in front of the radiator into the air box. Not one I have done or plan on doing, but lots of guys have.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Jeff gave you what they are but pics and video is so much better.

Line Lock =

This is after I released the line lock and rolled out....

This is not my car in this video but is one from a member that used to own it. It is still missed....

Warning - Line Lock use will lead to massive tire replacement.....not responsible for the fun you'll have

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

AWESOME VIDEO......those poor freakin tires though....I like the part were the cameraman was coughing......nice exhaust what did he have in it?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    TB bypass is exactly that -- the stock coolant line from the engine runs to the throttle body and then to the radiator. It is designed to keep the throttle body from icing in cold damp conditions. Not necessary as most of our cars never see that kind of weather and the last thing you want to do is heat the incoming air charge. I'll be doing mine in the next few days... just something I never got around to.

Line lock -- great for burnouts and the track. No tearing up the rear brakes everytime you want to have fun. Push the brake pedal, flick the switch, release the pedal and the front calipers are "locked".

Free Air -- cut openings in the bottom air box to draw cool air up from in front of the radiator into the air box. Not one I have done or plan on doing, but lots of guys have.
    Hows the T/B bypass done re-routed or plugged off?............

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Just run it from the tube at the front of the valley cover directly to the radiator, making sure it stays out of your serpentine belt. I believe the hard part is that the tube and nipple on the radiator are two different sizes.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Hows the T/B bypass done re-routed or plugged off?............
    This will answer all your questions about "free" mods

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

This link is to our tech help section that members have posted "how to's" to several different things.

Lots of good info.

Technical info write-ups and stickies

Also I can't remember but it was a bad ass car.

He now has a Trail Blazer SS so he's still around.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 08-17-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

This is not my car in this video but is one from a member that used to own it. It is still missed....

Warning - Line Lock use will lead to massive tire replacement.....not responsible for the fun you'll have
    Wow after watching that video I feel like I baby my car now....lol. Poor tires.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

This will answer all your questions about "free" mods

www.InstallUniversity.com

This link is to our tech help section that members have posted "how to's" to several different things.

Lots of good info.

Technical info write-ups and stickies

Also I can't remember but it was a bad ass car.

He now has a Trail Blazer SS so he's still around.
    Thanks i will check it out.

2001 CAMARO SS / Black
    2009 COLORADO V8/dk gray

Okay...SFC's...bolt on vs weld? I got a MIG but no lift, and you all know what a thrill welding is while lying down. Tubular vs boxed? Can you put a jack anywhere on a tubular like you can with boxed? I'd guess...No. I've read a thread that says by doing some susp. mods, more noise is transfered..T/F?

Navy Blue Metallic

SFC's

Bolt on is kinda best of both worlds. You can bolt them up and later if you want weld them in.

box vs tube - box is mathematically stronger. Jon our resident engineer has figured it out. Both are good for the car.

2pt vs 3 pt - 2 pts are good for track and dd use, 3 pt is much stronger for the car and lessens body flex more. Great for autox racing.

Brands - I've gone with UMI (site sponsor) good company and highly recommended. Product is strong as hell and customer service is great. Have questions, give 'em a call.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

+ 1 for UMI. Great stuff made right here in Pennsylvania. I run all UMI on our car and the fit, look and build quality is all top notch. Recently switched over from 2 point bolt-ins to 3 point bolt-ins as our car is built up quite a bit more now than it was 3 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information