Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Dana S60...TrueTrac, Spool, or Detroit Locker which one?

This is a discussion on Dana S60...TrueTrac, Spool, or Detroit Locker which one? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Does the Wavetrac still offer a lifetime warranty? That is one of the reasons I got it....

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Does the Wavetrac still offer a lifetime warranty? That is one of the reasons I got it.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

They did Ed, at least until you mailed in your warranty card and they said, "Oh crap, it's that blown, stroked and sprayed guy out in Cali -- his warranty is voided!"

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Another thing the rear asks if I want sway bar brackets and LCA brackets can you yours off of the 10 bolt? I have LCA relocation brackets as well can I use those off my 10 bolt or is it better to get it on the 9"?
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Sway bar brackets...

That's always been a complaint with Moser for me, they use cheesey muffler clamps around the housing. You won't be able to use anything like this off the 10 bolt because the aftermarket 12 bolts and 9inchers have a much larger diameter axle tube.

This is just one reason why I buy from Strange because they weld in a mount on the tube for the sway bar connections, it's clean, it's simple, it looks better and it's stronger.

So yes, include sway bar mounts in the order and they will be welded to the tubes...(if you order from strange)

-------

Lower control arm brackets...

I assume you are talking about the relocation brackets that changes the instant center?? If you have the bolt on style, they can be removed and used on any one of the aftermarket rears you choose, since the lower mounts are the same size. However most places offer the option of having the lower mounts relocated and already welded on. Either way works.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Sway bar brackets...

That's always been a complaint with Moser for me, they use cheesey muffler clamps around the housing. You won't be able to use anything like this off the 10 bolt because the aftermarket 12 bolts and 9inchers have a much larger diameter axle tube.

This is just one reason why I buy from Strange because they weld in a mount on the tube for the sway bar connections, it's clean, it's simple, it looks better and it's stronger.

So yes, include sway bar mounts in the order and they will be welded to the tubes...(if you order from strange)

-------

Lower control arm brackets...

I assume you are talking about the relocation brackets that changes the instant center?? If you have the bolt on style, they can be removed and used on any one of the aftermarket rears you choose, since the lower mounts are the same size. However most places offer the option of having the lower mounts relocated and already welded on. Either way works.
    Yes I was talking about the relocation brackets that changes the instant center. I have the bolt in style so I'll just use mine. Hmm using a muffler clamp for sway bar mounts will drive me crazy, I might want to do strange then. Thanks FBJ.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    All solid advice. Will - I have a 4.11 gear in my M6 with the 31-spline axles. 4.11 is funner than shit in 1st, especially with the Procharger. The car takes off like a rocket on a nice, hot summer day where the tires are sticky. However, you need to be VERY quick on the shift to 2nd.
    My gear set says 4.11 on the order form but tooth count has 4.10. Why, is it a Ford/8.8 thing?

<<<So looking forward to "practicing" 1st gear launches
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-05-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Yes I was talking about the relocation brackets that changes the instant center. I have the bolt in style so I'll just use mine. Hmm using a muffler clamp for sway bar mounts will drive me crazy, I might want to do strange then. Thanks FBJ.
    Doing the muffler clamps will work, but for what you pay for these housings I would think Moser could spend 5 minutes to weld on the brackets
    What I've done in a case that uses muffler clamps, I'll clamp everything down, then weld the lower portion to the axle tubes for a perminant mount myself, then take off the U-bolt (Strange does this for you). Just a much cleaner look, the muffler clamps look like an afterthought.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-05-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    My gear set says 4.11 on the order form but tooth count has 4.10. Why, is it a Ford/8.8 thing?

<<<So looking forward to "practicing" 1st gear launches
    Yeah, the 8.8 Ford is basically a GM 12 bolt in design and size, they are very similar. GM always had the 4.10 ratio where as the 9" fords had 4.11's. I guess ford doesn't want to put 4.10 on the box, it might confuse people

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welded sway bar brackets were an option I went with on our Moser.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Nice I'll go with my original plan then.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Are you saying you had to pay extra for that??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information