white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

Question clutch advice, which of these three

Allright, as it is now, my tranny is at sixspeedsinc. being built, while it is down I am going to put a new clutch in the car, from what I have read there are only 3 clutches I am considering

1 the ls7 clutch (is the extra weight any downfall?)
    2 the Ram powergrip clutch rated for like 500 horsepower
    3 the centerforce dual friction

If I was gonna buy one right now I am leaning towards the ram, but their info says the clutch will chatter on take-off.

I have a 98 t/a with bolt ons, ls6 intake, cai, headers, catback, tuned by frost. Later on down the road I may put a cam in the car but that is about it.
    I do not take the car to the track, I may this fall, may not but it will not be a regular occurance. I drive the car almost daily, I am very aggresive on a clutch so I am looking for one that can take the load and last.
    I KNOW ALOT OF YOU GUYS HERE HAVE HAD WAY MORE EXPERIENCE WITH CLUTCHES IN THESE CARS THAN ME!!! So please share your knowledge and help me out cause changin the clutch is a pain in the arse. thanks fellas

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RARON455 View Post
    Allright, as it is now, my tranny is at sixspeedsinc. being built, while it is down I am going to put a new clutch in the car, from what I have read there are only 3 clutches I am considering

1 the ls7 clutch (is the extra weight any downfall?)
    2 the Ram powergrip clutch rated for like 500 horsepower
    3 the centerforce dual friction

If I was gonna buy one right now I am leaning towards the ram, but their info says the clutch will chatter on take-off.

I have a 98 t/a with bolt ons, ls6 intake, cai, headers, catback, tuned by frost. Later on down the road I may put a cam in the car but that is about it.
    I do not take the car to the track, I may this fall, may not but it will not be a regular occurance. I drive the car almost daily, I am very aggresive on a clutch so I am looking for one that can take the load and last.
    I KNOW ALOT OF YOU GUYS HERE HAVE HAD WAY MORE EXPERIENCE WITH CLUTCHES IN THESE CARS THAN ME!!! So please share your knowledge and help me out cause changin the clutch is a pain in the arse. thanks fellas
    I would choose the RAM if i were you. The RAM is stronger then a centerforce dual friction but still has good pedal feel. That Ls7 clutch I think is overrated for the money, people buy it to have something "z06" in their car.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I would choose the RAM if i were you. The RAM is stronger then a centerforce dual friction but still has good pedal feel. That Ls7 clutch I think is overrated for the money, people buy it to have something "z06" in their car.
    x2

Thread Information