Results 1 to 19 of 19

Check out the new rearend

This is a discussion on Check out the new rearend within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

  1. #1
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Check out the new rearend



  2. #2
    Member NSSTG8TR98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    500

    Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

    That looks tight!! When's it getting road tested?

  3. #3
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Nice tight rear end.... I just wanna spank it!!!!

    haha sorry.... looks awesome.

  4. #4
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by NSSTG8TR98 View Post
    That looks tight!! When's it getting road tested?
    Remodeling the kitchen for mama right now, so just as soon as Im done with that its going in. Probably in a couple weeks.

  5. #5
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Nice tight rear end.... I just wanna spank it!!!!

    haha sorry.... looks awesome.
    Thanks!:

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    excuse my ignorance but is that a dana 60 or a ford 9inch? looks badass though

  7. #7
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    S60 I believe. Ford 9" doesn't have a rear end cover, it has a removable chuck that comes out the front.

  8. #8
    I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Standish,Maine
    Age
    51
    Posts
    560

    Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

    What made you go with a Dana instead of a 9"?

  9. #9
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    excuse my ignorance but is that a dana 60 or a ford 9inch? looks badass though
    Yes, its Strange's dana 60. Thanks!

  10. #10
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by jigger1166 View Post
    What made you go with a Dana instead of a 9"?
    I read the article in gmhtp and they put one in the 1-sc-ya camaro and it looked like a pretty complete system and it was cheaper than their 12 bolt and with that bigass ring gear and 35 splined axles I figured I would'nt ever have to worry about the rearend again. The 9" is a good rearend I just decided to go with the 60. Personal preference I guess.

  11. #11
    I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Standish,Maine
    Age
    51
    Posts
    560

    Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I read the article in gmhtp and they put one in the 1-sc-ya camaro and it looked like a pretty complete system and it was cheaper than their 12 bolt and with that bigass ring gear and 35 splined axles I figured I would'nt ever have to worry about the rearend again. The 9" is a good rearend I just decided to go with the 60. Personal preference I guess.
    The Dana's definately beefy enough. And if it costs less than the 9", why not.

  12. #12
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    I doubt it would cost less than a 9". A beefy 9" with 31 spline axles and a positrac can he had for ~$1500.

  13. #13
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    I priced them both out and ended up going with the 9" it was about $400 cheaper. I to got 35 splined axles and went with a Detroit locker. Also I didn't want to deal with the driveshaft at the time, But since then I did buy a Strange Drive shaft.

    In either case, They are both nice rear-ends and you'll be happy once you get some slicks and hit the track!!!

  14. #14
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I doubt it would cost less than a 9". A beefy 9" with 31 spline axles and a positrac can he had for ~$1500.
    Like to see where you can get one for that price. Maybe with a used stock thirdmember. But if you get a good quality piece you are looking at least $2200.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

    1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

    2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

  15. #15
    Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    184

    Maroon
    2000 Z28

    I went 9", but I've hear lots good about that setup also. Good luck on your build. That's a mean looking cover.
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

    Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Like to see where you can get one for that price. Maybe with a used stock thirdmember. But if you get a good quality piece you are looking at least $2200.
    what did u pay for your piece? with shipping, det locker, 35 spline.....install yourself? how much did the install cost u if not...how long did it take? difficult job...thanks

  17. #17
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    I priced them both out and ended up going with the 9" it was about $400 cheaper. I to got 35 splined axles and went with a Detroit locker. Also I didn't want to deal with the driveshaft at the time, But since then I did buy a Strange Drive shaft.

    In either case, They are both nice rear-ends and you'll be happy once you get some slicks and hit the track!!!
    Hell ya!

  18. #18
    MEMBER 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Visalia Cali
    Age
    43
    Posts
    661

    SILVER
    2000 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by RacerBob View Post
    I went 9", but I've hear lots good about that setup also. Good luck on your build. That's a mean looking cover.
    Thanks!

  19. #19
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Like to see where you can get one for that price. Maybe with a used stock thirdmember. But if you get a good quality piece you are looking at least $2200.
    I've found 9" QP housings with brackets, axles, etc. for $800, and then rebuild pumpkins with your choice of gears (brand new gears and all) for $500.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. rearend.....
    By flybird in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
  2. Desks - check, phones - check, Cuban Flag with pic of Che - check
    By dock in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 07:30 AM
  3. which rearend?
    By chevyss1234 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
  4. Rearend
    By Fade2Black in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 03:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •