Silver
    2000 SS Convertible

Question Castrol Syntec Option 2000 SS

Anyone have paperwork or links to this SLP option. Castrol claims a postcard was supposed to be mailed upon delivery but dealer never gave me packet. Do I need to sue dealer, Chevrolet, GM, Castrol, SLP in order to find out just what I wasted $100 on? I've already replaced trans and rear end. Engine has piston slap and using Castrol Titanium every 4000, 156k, never any oil loss.
    Last edited by DrRonster; 07-22-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I have never heard of this Castrol option. My car was modded at the dealership before delivery and included an "SLP" badge on the back passenger side next to the SS. Part of this mod was a change in fluids including a Mobil 1 oil filler cap. I also know Corvette's had Mobil 1 oil filler caps and stickers recommending only Mobil 1 oil be used. Castrol ??????
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Silver
    2000 SS Convertible

About 10% of the 2000 SS's had that option. I ordered the synthetic option and thats what I got, except it wasn't Mobile 1. The Synthetic option was a 1/2 million mile warrantee on the engine and possibly the drive train. Mobile would have been a better company to deal with. My SLP order form states Lube Option. I just want to find out whats covered under the Mobile Synthetic Option and what type of paperwork was submitted. I figured that as soon as SLP entered it, it was registered. The dealer never gave me the SS package containing the infamous postcard. Would the statue of limitations be based on the mileage or the date of sale 5/11/00?

Are you just now discovering you didn't get paperwork almost 13 years after the fact?

Not sure what you are asking...but if you are looking for redemption on a 13 year old car regarding what oil someone put in I'd say your out of luck. Figure that $100 was lost 13 years ago I'd consider it long gone and move on. That's a small amount of change that isn't worth worrying about. Just my thought....

Silver
    2000 SS Convertible

After religiously changing the oil every 4000 miles with Castrol Syntec for years, I began asking about this several years ago and I just want what I paid for. I was forced to use Castrol Syntec at exorbitant prices just to keep to my terms of the agreement. I still have over 340,000 miles left so I'm within the statute of limitations based on that. It was fraud on the part of the dealer, SLP, etc for failing to properly deliver the vehicle. I feel that I am owed the value of an engine or full reinstatement of the original paid warranty. I would have preferred to use Mobile 1. And the paperwork was a POSTCARD to enroll the vehicle when it came installed in the vehicle. I had always assumed it was enrolled upon return to St Theres from SLP's Montreal facility. At least thats what my purchase order implied.
    Last edited by DrRonster; 07-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Exorbitant prices? I don't think you would have paid anymore to stick catrol in there than if you were to use Mobil or most any other synthetic.

I've never heard of any 500,000 mile warranty on an engine and don't see that being honored myself. I simply wouldn't expect the engine to go that long no matter what oil I put in there,,,but I wish you luck in your search. Make some phone calls and see what happens.

Silver
    2000 SS Convertible

From firehawk forum: RE SLP

Castrol "Syntec" High Performance Lubricants Package
    Castrol "Syntec" full synthetic engine oil provides superior protection and performance. Castrol "Syntec protects in ways other cars can't." The Castrol "Syntec" lubricants package includes Castrol's 500,000-mile "Maximum Protection" limited engine warranty program

Thread Information