C5 Clutch Swap: Help and Opinions?

This is a discussion on C5 Clutch Swap: Help and Opinions? within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hey all! This will probably be the first of many threads I start in the coming months, regarding upgrades to ...

Black
    1998 Corvette

C5 Clutch Swap: Help and Opinions?

Hey all! This will probably be the first of many threads I start in the coming months, regarding upgrades to my '98 Vette. I'm currently overseas and as the money comes in, I'll be purchasing parts. First priority is the clutch.

For the few months proceeding my departure, my clutch had been slipping something awful. Instead of replacing with something stock or near stock (as this will be the first of many performance mods), I've decided to invest it something that can take a bit more of a beating. I'm currently leaning towards one of the Textralia OZ700's, and have a few questions.

First, what is the difference between the Z-Grip and X-Grip? I was under the impression that the Z-Grip held a bit more (around 700 ft-lbs?) and that the X sacrificed a bit of that to make it more street-able.

While I'm down there, I know the slave cylinder should be replaced. Should I replace the master too while I'm at it? What brands do you guys recommend?

Is a remote bleeder a worthwhile investment? If so, what are some good brands?

Thanks a bunch!

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

Pending on the milage , master and slave are probably a good idea just to make sure your not going to do it again just after you get the clutch done. spend the money now or spend even more later fixing what broke again after you decided to chinse on it. Just my 2 cents, do it right the first time.

Thread Information