blew 2nd gear in my T56 HMM....

This is a discussion on blew 2nd gear in my T56 HMM.... within the Drivetrain forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; so my second gear was chattering for like half a year, and i just delt with it and continued to ...

blew 2nd gear in my T56 HMM....

so my second gear was chattering for like half a year, and i just delt with it and continued to beat her like she owed me money. and it finally let loose the other day. So im gettin ready to tear it down soon and was wondering if there are any stronger parts out of the viper tranny. or any good stuff from tranzilla? found a decent rebuild kit minus the 2nd gear for $212 including he kit includes:

1st and 2nd three piece synchronizer rings
    3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th carbon kevlar synchronizer rings
    brass reverse synchronizer ring
    front and rear seals
    shift fork pads
    synchronizer keys
    retaining springs
    shifter bushing

Overhaul Service Manual:

Contains all aspects of rebuilding a T56 transmission including troubleshooting and step by step instructions.
    Shows exploded views and all specifications.
    This is an actual manual, not copies from a service manual.

alrite thanks guys

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

A manual trans is not that difficult to rebuild. Its no slushbox

For clutches, also look into Monster. Ive talked with them a few times and they are very helpful. Customer service is top notch. They had a QC problem that was out of their hands and they went out of their way to track down the 28 people who had the faulty PP

My M6 has a steel 3-4 shift fork that replaces the commonly bent aluminum piece. Also the viper input shaft. Get that Torque Arm off the tail shaft also.

ok thanks for the input man, yea i rebuilt a hand full of fuller 10 speeds and a few 13 speed eatons. so im not to worried about the over haul part. just doin sum research into parts

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl454 View Post
    ok thanks for the input man, yea i rebuilt a hand full of fuller 10 speeds and a few 13 speed eatons. so im not to worried about the over haul part. just doin sum research into parts
    Then this should be a walk in the park for you!

Those few things right there will at least strengthen the major weak points of our T56. I think the Viper shaft is 3/4" longer. I would have to research that to put my word to it though. Call up a well known T56 based transmission shop. Act like you going to be buying something or having them do the work. Get the full scoop on what parts they are using

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Then this should be a walk in the park for you!

Those few things right there will at least strengthen the major weak points of our T56. I think the Viper shaft is 3/4" longer. I would have to research that to put my word to it though. Call up a well known T56 based transmission shop. Act like you going to be buying something or having them do the work. Get the full scoop on what parts they are using
    +1 look up the magnum t56 its got the viper parts and hold awesome . its are t56 with all the viper parts

yea i'll have to look into a good local shop, and pull a fast one on them. thanks for the heads up guys. i'll post sum pics as i go. rite now its in the body shop for the god dam deer i hit.

Thread Information